Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Woburn MA. The Armory Inc.

Default So - I bought one!

Comments please.

A few more pics to follow. Let me know if there is something you would like to see.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default More pics

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice! I don't know much about these yet but that one sure does look good to me.

5. Default

It looks like a very nice WW2 trench gun. The 97s with WB marked stocks usually have the earlier style heat shield that has 6 rows of holes. But you may have a transition gun. If you can tell us the serial number, we may be able to tell you if it is in the transition serial number range.

Hi Tom,
    Thanks for your input. I appreciate it!
    Ser. is E 94618x

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by donb View Post
    Hi Tom,
    Thanks for your input. I appreciate it!
    Ser. is E 94618x
    That would seem to be too late for a WB, but nothing is ever certain as the receivers were assembled into guns out of serial number order.
    There is a chance at least the stock was replaced. I would be more inclined to say the adapter is right for the gun based on the serial.

8. Default

The Armory does not have these guns listed on their website, they don't really have a website, just teasers on their Facebook page about the "collection" they are going to be selling. Is everyone supposed to drive to Mass with pockets full of cash to get the deals?

How is the pricing on the stuff being offered?
    Last edited by SPEEDGUNNER; 10-04-2014 at 06:16.
    "There's a race of men that don't fit in,
    A race that can't stay still;
    So they break the hearts of kith and kin,
    And they roam the world at will." - Robert Service

Quote Originally Posted by SPEEDGUNNER View Post
    The Armory does not have these guns listed on their website, they don't really have a website, just teasers on their Facebook page about the "collection" they are going to be selling. Is everyone supposed to drive to Mass with pockets full of cash to get the deals?

How is the pricing on the stuff being offered?

They do have the guns claimed, I've seen a list and a number of the guns. Regarding pricing, the guns are on consignment from an estate. The shop is doing their fiduciary duty to the owners and trying to get full value for them, however, they have called the owners with reasonable offers during my two visits. I would suggest you make an appointment and get detailed direction if you decide to visit.

10. Default

Your 97 serial number is slightly higher (only by a few thousand) than where we start to see GHD stocks, later style heat shields, and US and Ord bomb marked receivers. But like scosgt said, the guns were not assembled in numerical order. So the WB stock may be original.