Default Any concerns for using LC 69 brass...

in a Sears ID and sold [Win M70] rifle?

Using 748 ad 165 SGK bullets for hunting, MIGHT develop silhouette loads later.

leftyo Guest

its good brass.

Might have crimped primers. And it'll likely be a wee bit thicker than commercial brass, so reduce by 10%.
    Spelling and grammar count!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunray View Post
    Might have crimped primers. And it'll likely be a wee bit thicker than commercial brass, so reduce by 10%.
    It WILL have crimped primers. If you weigh it versus comm brass there isn't significant difference. If you are concerned about thicker brass/less volume use starting load data. Have loaded mucho LC69 with no problemo!!

Blog Entries

I've seen LC 69 M2 brass with the flash hole off center. I'd cull those that are off center for serious work.
    Last edited by PhillipM; 10-31-2014 at 07:13.
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur

swage every primer pocket with a Dillon's super swager & you should be good to go..............Dillon sends you the set-up to swage both large & small primer pockets....it's easy to convert from small to large or vice versa......... it's very simple to use & very quick too.

Heck phil, those holes must have been very off center if you could eyeball them........ had they screwed up the de-capping pin in your resize die?
    be safe, enjoy life, journey well
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter

Yea, lots of off center flash holes. Weighs about the same as a Remington case. I have several reloadings on mine by using them in the same rifle and sizing a minimum amount. They're still going strong, but getting hard enough that an annealing is overdue. A friend of mine, when he first started reloading his LC69, began by going straight to a max load that was developed in Winchester cases. He was getting some really flat primers and ejector marks from his Garand, and he really didn't know what those strange round marks on the casehead were. For matches and target shooting you might be better off getting some good quality commercial cases.
    "I have sworn upon the Altar of God, eternity hostility upon all forms of tyranny over the minds of man." - Thomas Jefferson

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by da gimp View Post
    swage every primer pocket with a Dillon's super swager & you should be good to go..............Dillon sends you the set-up to swage both large & small primer pockets....it's easy to convert from small to large or vice versa......... it's very simple to use & very quick too.

Heck phil, those holes must have been very off center if you could eyeball them........ had they screwed up the de-capping pin in your resize die?
    Yes, they are easily eyeballed and no, the decapper hasn't broken on one, I guess there's enough spring in the pin to allow it to work. I think I have some in my highly unorganized reference collection, when I find one I'll take a picture, it's obvious.

Thanks to Google, I found a pic.

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=144939
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur