Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default

Nice. Nicer than mine but here is my early colt. 1914 serial Colt Navy frame. Remington Rand slide. This one is told to have served in WWI as an M1911, and then served again in WWII in the A1 configuration. The parkerized finish looks too nice really and I think it was probably restored/refinished post war, but still love it.

Pacific North west & Lake Havasu City, AZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Tudorp View Post
    Nice. Nicer than mine but here is my early colt. 1914 serial Colt Navy frame. Remington Rand slide. This one is told to have served in WWI as an M1911, and then served again in WWII in the A1 configuration. The parkerized finish looks too nice really and I think it was probably restored/refinished post war, but still love it.

Your pistol is a 1911 and will never be a 1911A1. It has a Type II RR slide and some other late parts but that does not make it an A1.

The pistol has been scrubbed on hard and parkerized. The sights are later non-military pieces. It looks as though someone put the pistol together as a BullsEye shooter. It may have been refinished and went through a rebuild while it was still in Military hands but it was most likely Buffed Hard after it came into civilian hands.

3. Default

Yep, thats why I think it was probably refinished post war due to the hard buffed edges, and stampings. The stampings are all still there, but faint, especially the rearsenal inspector stamp, but there is "enough" of it still visible to distinguish it. I also know the sights aren't correct. Sucks I can't turn back time or undo previous owner sins, but it's still a gun..

Last edited by Tudorp; 09-25-2014 at 09:10.

Pacific North west & Lake Havasu City, AZ.

Well that's right, but they are all good......some are just better......
    Last edited by Duane Hansen; 09-25-2014 at 10:47.

5. Default

In a word - BEAUTIFUL
    "There's a race of men that don't fit in,
    A race that can't stay still;
    So they break the hearts of kith and kin,
    And they roam the world at will." - Robert Service