Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Alan De Enfield View Post
    Is "Humper" a colonial term for a 'Bitsa' ?
    Funny, I usually only hear it when referenced to T's. Humped together snipers. I believe the sentiment is the same. Bitsa this one and some bitsa that one humped together.
    Cheers

I have always heard the term "humped" when it came to fakery/forgery to enhance the value of a rifle. In other words, adding parts or fake stamps to make a common rifle a scarce or rare rifle.

Bitsa or bitser is most often used when dealing with a parts gun. Not a gun to be stripped for parts, but one made up from parts.

Lottsa bitsa Lugers out there with humped markings.
    Last edited by JB White; 09-16-2014 at 03:18.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Just thought I'd check - as 'humping' is what a dog does to the leg of your guests when you are sat down for 'tea and crumpets'

A while back one dealer was offering fake T's. Rather obvious since he mounted the front mounting plate on the reciever without any machine work.
    The reciever has to be machined flat in that area or the mount will be crooked. I suppose that due to the scarcity of the No32 scope, he thought nobody would try to mount one.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Alan De Enfield View Post
    Just thought I'd check - as 'humping' is what a dog does to the leg of your guests when you are sat down for 'tea and crumpets'
    Quite a rude doggy you have there Alan

Sounds like a good term to get full price out of a parts gun.
    I own firearms not to fight against my government, but to ensure I will not have to.