Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Next project

1. Default Next project

My gun bench was getting empty with only 4 projects on there so I picked up a new one. I can't wait for it to get here so I can see how bad it is !

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=437670803

Wow, don't see how I missed it and right in my back yard as well. Good for you!
    "A man with a tractor and a chain saw has no excuses, nor does he need any"
    Me. "Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" Emerson "Consistency is the darling of those that stack wood or cast bullets" Me.

3. Default

Well I think the only reason I got it was the Gun Broker Server locked up ! I couldn't even get in on my phone app. I lost out on a Winchester 1873(most of one) Went for $355 I think but the server locked up and I couldn't up my bid. That one really sucked. This time I was going "NOT FRICKEN AGAIN! ! ! NO WAY W?$%$*$#Fu%$$#! But when I did get in I had won ! JW

I didn't see that one, but, I figured there wouldn't be any Krag sleepers at Carl's, so I never look too closely there. Looks like decent wood will be the biggest challenge. Some winter fun for you.

I dread any sort of problem with the GB servers, but have never had one (so far).
    Last edited by Dick Hosmer; 09-10-2014 at 01:36.

Nothing a little super glue can't fix.
    "I have sworn upon the Altar of God, eternity hostility upon all forms of tyranny over the minds of man." - Thomas Jefferson

6. Default

I was really glad to get one that the barrel hadn't been hacked off. I had all but given up on a full barrel and had been bidding on cut down ones to use as a carbine. I'm getting a replacement forearm from a good guy on the 1911 forum. Still need to locate a front band . JW

I troll Ebay for the front bands, they are always available.
    "A man with a tractor and a chain saw has no excuses, nor does he need any"
    Me. "Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" Emerson "Consistency is the darling of those that stack wood or cast bullets" Me.

What are you going to do about the wrist?

9. Default

I'm not sure yet till I see it. The stock seems really dark to. If I can get it apart I'll re-do the repair so it's not is noticeable.

A competent wood restorer can fit relatively unobtrusive feather-edge patches of grain-matched wood to the divots in the wrist. Here's a before/after example of such work on a model 1903 stock -