1. Default CMP Scout Mount for Garand, Weaver 4X Scout Scope with Millet Rings

Bought this setup way back in 2007 after trying it on a borrowed Socom 16. Could not hack iron sights any more but hated to park the M-1. However it added weight up front where I did not need it, and I found position shooting difficult. OK, more difficult everyday with age...After one clip I knew this was not going to work for me and put the rifle away. Win some,lose some.

My most recent attempt at shooting .30 caliber with an optic, while staying at a ten pound limit is an M&P 10. It looks promising, while the flattop will mount anything I put on it.

Finally removed the scope setup the other day. The aluminum mount (Amega Ranges) is very well made and rock solid; it will only fit a standard weight GI type barrel, not NM. The scope is Weaver's #849417 4 X 28 Dual-X reticle, matte black, eye relief 8.5" to 9.56"; rings are matte black also. Everything looks factory fresh. It's a good setup, just not for me.

I have $358 into it; would like it to go to a good home for $300 and I'll pay the shipping.

2. Default

Reduced to $275, shipped.