Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter5 Guest

It should also be mentioned the P35 itself was actually modified and completed extensively from JB's original:

Dieudonné Joseph Saive (1889–1973) was a Belgian small arms designer who designed several well-known firearms for Belgian armsmaker Fabrique Nationale, including the FN Model 1949[1] and the FN FAL (Fusil Automatique Leger or Light Automatic Rifle). He is also known for modifying several of John Browning's firearms designs, including the 1931 Baby Browning and Hi Power pistol as well as the Browning .30 cal machine gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
    It also has some roots to Browning's Hi-Power design too. So as I said before a basic Browning design with added features.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
    Years ago I bought a Radom from a local dealer. The slide didn't match the frame number wise but the slide was an early one with the Polish eagle on it. I sold the slide and got a later slide as part of the payment with more then enough to cover the purchase price of the pistol. The pistol was very accurate and they are a basic John Browning design with the added features. Hard to find an early nice one today.
    Many of the last ones made by the Poles had the slide serial number several hundred digits off from the frame. It is not matching, but it may well have been the way it left the Polish factory. The books on the Radom talk about this. I have one made in 1939 that is this way.

Hate to be picky, but the pistol is a VIS, manufactured at Radom Arsenal.

You wouldn't call an Ithaca a Colt 45 unless it was made by Colt or a 1917 S&W a colt because it was chambered for the same round