1. Default .303 Military ammo question

I have a bandoleer of what I believe to be British issue ammunition. The head stamp is 49/7/GB.

Anyone know if this is corrosive (as I suspect)? Input as to accuracy to expect?

Thanks.

If the primer is copper colored, Yes it's defiantly corrosive. Regardless if it where me I'd treat it as such anyway.

You have British ammunition made by Greenfield & Batley in Leeds, England in July 1949. It is corrosive primed. It is probably no more or less accurate than any other generic ball ammunition, which I would expect to be 2" at 100 yards more or less from the bench from a good sound rifle. If you decide to shoot the stuff just clean with some water based solution right after getting home from the range and you should be fine. It's old enough that were it mine I'd save a few for nostalgia and pull the bullets of the rest to reload, if you're into that sort of thing. The clips and bandoleer have value of their own, anytime I stumble onto clipped ammo in a bandoleer I look on it as a good find.
    Last edited by Art; 09-07-2014 at 04:03.