Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Need pricing help

My brother is sick and needs to sell some stuff. We are trying to get an honest price on a 1911A1. Made in 1944. It has been reblued but is otherwise in very good condition. Here are some pictures.

Last edited by dhuze; 08-31-2014 at 03:14.

2. Default

With these pictures being the only info available my guess is $1,000.00.

3. Default

I would double that price....

Blog Entries

The gun looks very nice but wouldn't the fact that it has been reblued detract greatly from value?

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Herschel View Post
    The gun looks very nice but wouldn't the fact that it has been reblued detract greatly from value?
    Yes, it does. Too bad, the lettering appears to be nice and not all buffed out but the finish doesn't look correct. It should have a Parkerized finish, I think it's a bit too early for Lubrite. The best way I know to gauge a price is to track some that are selling on some of the auction sites, i.e. Gunbroker or AuctionArms. IMO, and it's worth exactly what paid me for it, I would put it somewhere between $1000 to $1500 on a good day it might fetch more. It's a nice pistol. Just about anything Colt brings money...check out what Pythons are going for.
    Last edited by ignats; 09-01-2014 at 03:09.

Also bear in mind that it has not been reblued. The original finish was phosphate, so it has had the finish changed from the original type. It has a nice blue finish now and would be a nice pistol for someone not concerned with collectibility. I would agree that it realistically falls into the $1000 price range.

7. Default

We were thinking in the $1200 range. Yes the blued finish is wring for the gun, but it is a nice job on it. Like ignats said, it hasn't had the lettering buffed out like a lot I've seen.

I also have a 1911 of my own that has been reblued, but not buffed out. Mine is a 1918mfg

Pacific North west & Lake Havasu City, AZ.

$1000 on a good day. Pistols without their original finish are just not very good investments either. Original finished pistols, even in poor condition will appreciate faster than refinished pieces. Most collectors have very little to no interest in refinished pistols.

9. Default

Just an FYI. The gun sold for $1200 for those keeping a running value on sales.

10. Default

Thanks for the update dhuze. What type sale eg. auction, private sale etc.?