Default Civil War relics value?

I recently found an original leather sling and bayonet that had been removed from my uncles Model 1861 Springfield rifle many years ago. It was said that he couldn't find them when he sold the rifle. I would like to know what their value might be. The sling is clean and still very flexible with no cracks. The bayonet is bright and has a U.S. stamp on the upper blade.

Post pics and you will get educated replies.

I don't have the means to send photos but have a friend who does. I will try to get him to take some and send them for me.

Contact "the Horse Soldiers" store in Gettysburg, that should be able to ID value. Or try Dixie Gunworks??

might return them to his wife, kids or grandkids.........seems like the right thing to do............
    be safe, enjoy life, journey well
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter

Quote Originally Posted by da gimp View Post
    might return them to his wife, kids or grandkids.........seems like the right thing to do............
    Only if they share the same appreciation for what they might be and what they represent. Otherwise theyre little more than rubbish, or at best a trade for pawn shop bobbles.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

then he can buy them jb..............for a fair price............ it'll help the owner's widow/estate & his conscience too...........
    be safe, enjoy life, journey well
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter

Buy them? They were his late uncles and he already has them. I'm assuming the family already knows as that's how he found out they were seperated back when the rifle was sold.
    Gee Gimp..you sure are free with other peoples money. Were you a liberal democrat in another life? LOL
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**