1. Default Arisaka Paratrooper rifle

Trying to prove a point to someone or at least have some backing in the argument, not actually looking to sell. I have a beautiful condition early war paratrooper rifle. It would be considered perfect except the mum has a single line through it. What would this guy go for, ballpark figure, if it was sold at a gun show? Still has the sight, the dust cover, and the bayonet.

Do the 2 halves match?
    Does the bolt match?
    Does the cover match?
    Lots of considerations.
    A single line still cancels the mum, but somewhat better than grinding.
    A dealer would want upwards of $2500 if all correct, some have wanted more, but money is tight.

3. Default

Yeah, all the numbers match. Its easily the nicest Arisaka I have seen and I have seen quite a few. Your price doesnt help my argument though lol, I wasnt aware any Arisaka was in that price range hehe. Its ok though, nice info to know if need be.

Photos would really help. Terms like beautiful are subjective. Hence the expression, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Assuming the answer to all of Michael's previous questions was "yes", most dealers would be asking at least $2.5K for a 90% original finish. I also agree with Michael observation about money being tight right now. From Gunbroker auctions, the prices seem to be dropping down a little on the weapons I have been buying/watching.

Thanks,
    Pat