Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: WW2 cartouches

The middle one, #3, is a fairly good fake.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mack View Post
    WRA/WB

Don't ever buy stocks with cartouches. All cartouches may be fake.
    that picture is distorted, the W lean toward the front with the B leaning to the butt (just like the Warner Brothers logo)and the box is not square in the pic, probably a cell phone, or maybe my screen on my laptop.

But, my vote goes to #2. Only because the coloration of the stock, has the appearance of the Korean stocks
    Last edited by StockDoc; 07-26-2014 at 09:06.

Default stock quiz answers

Joe and rkohut were correct, fake SA GHS stamp by Terry Smith (UT) from the 1989-90 period,he also stamped a few WRA WB no trap stocks that were sold from the Chicago area.
    Very difficult to detect the fake WB stamps but the answer is in the crossed cannon stamp.

Photo shows another angle of the WRA RS stamp, these stocks run over 3K without any problem now. The WRA WB is the rare production trap door stock as most WB stocks were no-trap and conversions (also from the barnwood). Number 5 is a Nov 1941 GHS from a Lend Lease rifle

Thanks for sharing RCS. Rick B

What's so scary about chicken poop?
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by dryheat View Post

Agreed and some folks just like to put Doo Doo in the game without real knowledge. Rick B

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dryheat View Post
    I guess you will have to ask the peep's that abandoned them, I think it Jim at Dupage. My thought is he did not want the baggage or the time it would take to de contaminate them. That could damage the cartouches.

but since you asked:

http://www.idph.state.il.us/public/hb/hbb&bdrp.htm
    Last edited by StockDoc; 07-27-2014 at 09:05.

For the Record. All of these stocks are clean and just cracked or broken pieces that back in the 70's no one had knowledge on how to fix nor cared as they were weeding through for the unbroken stuff. No where in any article does it state stocks were covered in chicken poop but that some of the stains found were thought to be blood when in fact they were from raccoon or other animals.

No one went back because not only did the figure the barn was torn down now but the roads are all numbered road so after some time no one remembered how to get back there. you have 1st street. County line one. 1 East, West North South and even more so in order to get there you had to know where you were going long before GPS.

SO I say again Doo Doo in the game by a less knowledgeable person who appears to want to follow RCS and Me around trying so hard to defame. Rick B

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rick B View Post
    For the Record. All of these stocks are clean and just cracked or broken pieces that back in the 70's no one had knowledge on how to fix nor cared as they were weeding through for the unbroken stuff. No where in any article does it state stocks were covered in chicken poop but that some of the stains found were thought to be blood when in fact they were from raccoon or other animals.

No one went back because not only did the figure the barn was torn down now but the roads are all numbered road so after some time no one remembered how to get back there. you have 1st street. County line one. 1 East, West North South and even more so in order to get there you had to know where you were going long before GPS.

SO I say again Doo Doo in the game by a less knowledgeable person who appears to want to follow RCS and Me around trying so hard to defame. Rick B
    I posted the State of Illinois, so if you like to argue with them, which yo apparently like to do, argue with them.

I don't know you, nor do I want to, or RCS. You have argued with every post that I have made. And you and RCS have been wrong on every post you replied to. So give up and try and be civil for a change.

I did read that you have been ill, you might want to tell the Doctors about the contaminated stocks before it is to late, good luck.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rick B View Post

I posted the State of Illinois, so if you like to argue with them, which yo apparently like to do, argue with them.

I don't know you, nor do I want to, or RCS. You have argued with every post that I have made. And you and RCS have been wrong on every post you replied to. So give up and try and be civil for a change.

I did read that you have been ill, you might want to tell the Doctors about the contaminated stocks before it is to late, good luck.