Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: WW2 cartouches

Default WW2 cartouches

Some photos of original WW2 Winchester and Springfield cartouches, except one is fake !

Can you spot the fake cartouche ?

Two?

WRA/WB

Don't ever buy stocks with cartouches. All cartouches may be fake.

Never say no to buying marked wood. Learn what you are looking for and buy from reputable folks. Rick B.
    Last edited by Rick B; 07-29-2014 at 06:05.

Good post and photo Rick Maybe the stock doc will add some knowledge

Mack, The Winchester W.R.A. W.B. cartouche is original and came from the same place that the stocks in Rick's photo came from in Wisconsin

# 3 GHS ??

Yeah, I will add something about the firewood, since you asked. According to Rick's those stocks were contaminated by Chicken Fecal matter and urine, that is why the others left them there. They are contaminated never tried to sell the stocks.

As for the marking, I never make a comment on a Cartouche without having the stock in front of me, do to all the fakes. Even Rick in his article, says you can make a judgment from a photograph. The cartouche can be a real genie, but the stock could be repaired and the seller trying to pass it off as an unrepaired. To many variables then just a cartouche to make a stock genuine. Me or my clients will touch repaired stocks, to many genuine ones out they.

Besides, I don't have my Duff's Cartouche book I made up, I am In D C for a client.

Thanks for asking
    Last edited by StockDoc; 07-25-2014 at 09:56. Reason: spelling and grammar

You have to change your name to Stock Mouth instead of Stock Doc. Since I have been involved with a lot of the barn wood since the 80's and there is estimates that run from 5K to 10k to the number of stocks that were stored there, not all were "hit" by the chickens more like 5% if even that many. I bought over 100 no-trap stocks alone in 1987 and none of these were "contaminated" plus all the carbine stocks were in excellent condition.

It is easy for you to bend the barnwood story around to fit your needs and cover your ignorance

10. Default

Good for you, glad you are happy with you purchase. I can only go by what was published, and that they were abandoned.