Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Uncle Sam's Misguided Children was one name we used or as we described it USMC: Another Fine Game By Milton/Bradley
    USMC 1969-1993 6333/8153/9999
    USMC Combat Pistol & Shotgun Instructor
    FBI Rangemaster

REMEMBER- the Corps is a member of the US Navy- "THE MEN'S DEPARTMENT"

BUT-we like the short arm inspectors
    Last edited by Litt'le Lee; 11-19-2014 at 01:44. Reason: error

3. Default

Never forget what the acronym M.A.R.I.N.E. represents......My Ass Rides In Navy Equipment..........
    Last edited by 7 ring; 12-23-2014 at 05:49.
    There are two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither works.

I'm too pissed to respond to this B.S.. I'm retired Army but, the US Marine Corps were part of our fighting and winning team. They helped me a lot when I needed help I'd stand beside a Marine in a fight any day and I wouldn't worry about who was covering my back. To use a Merl Haggard title, "you're walking on the fighting side of me" when you low ball the U.S Marine Corp! And that you can take to the bank! Nick

If the Army and the Navy ever gaze on Heaven's scenes
    They will find the streets are guarded by Unites States Marines!
    (My neice married a Marine!)
    Last edited by John Sukey; 02-20-2015 at 12:47.

Quote Originally Posted by usmc69 View Post
    Uncle Sam's Misguided Children was one name we used or as we described it USMC: Another Fine Game By Milton/Bradley
    Muscles Are Required Intelligence Not Essential

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tompkins View Post
    Back in 1978, as a young military policeman going thru AIT at Ft McClellan, AL, we had a few marine "inserts". The DS's would tease them constantly and crack jokes. They took it in stride. I thought that they were nuts and a lot of fun to be around. Lot of respect for those guys. Mike
    Sir:

I was a Marine Military Police student at Ft McClellan, AL, Jan - Mar 78, assigned to Alpha 12. Over the years returned to Ft McClellan for Physical Security School, MP NCO Advanced, and CID School.

Richard

8. Default

I have to say the latest batch of Marines was a good batch. I only ran across a hand full of egg sucking dogs who needed to be broken on a wheel and drummed out of the Corps. I supported the Marines out of Camp Dwyer by repairing their tower mounted camera systems out in the injun country back in 2012. They were always glad to see me and to give a lift to whatever patrol base that had a down camera. I always received more than my share of sirs and thank yous. Of course many were given by me. I was sent to FOB with ten satelite PBs. One had a system down for six weeks and three other FSRs had been out there and did not fix the problem. To get to this PB we had to go the long way since it was the only way. Well the convoy had to stop at a wide spot in the road that had a dozen or so mud houses. The reason? An IED. EOD was called and they cleaned it up.

So we roll into the PB and the Gunny and the Captain were not too enthused about me being there since the other three losers did not fix the system and one of their guys caught a bullet in the shoulder and died that morning. I gave them the in-brief and set to work. I had the system up in an hour just in time for sunset. It is amazing the things you can see in IR.

The Captain and the Gunny were pleased to say the least and I did not want for any thing when I showed up on later visits.

Say and joke what you want about the Marine Corp of the past but like I said the current batch is a good bunch of young men.

Culpeper
    Iraq - Aug. 2005 to Dec. 2008
    Afghan. Jan 2009 to Present
    Last edited by CJCulpeper; 04-27-2015 at 09:13.
    1."If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things." - Rene Descartes
    2. "The Right to Buy Weapons is the Right to be Free" From The Weapon Shop by A. E. van Vogt

9. Default

CJ, thanks for the kind words about the Marines. I did not serve, but my oldest son reports to Parris Island in August. He is 17, and graduates in June. I have to give him credit, he works hard at school and at a part time job. When he is not doing either of those, twice a week he trains with the other recruits. From what I have seen so far, they do seem like a fine group.

So, Fall, 1968, the coastie reports to Newport, R.I. Navy Base for training.
    His uniform is a mess that only air travel can achive.
    The Marine guard is giving the Navy swabbies hell.
    Demerit this, report this to your command.
    The coastie shows his travel/report papers.
    The Marine Clp. checks the shoes-scuffed-, the Donald Duck cap-black mark on cover, the askew tie, the small tear in the sleeve of the blue pullover,the duffel and awol bags, slutes and says: "Welcome aboard, Coastie!"
    And right then, I learned to love the Marine Corps!