Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Mdoerner,
    Yes, I'd say to both of the above. When I started shooting High Power matches with my Garand, my target frequently looked like yours. I didn't know it at the time, but my trigger control (read flinching and yanking the trigger) was awful. I really didn't comprehend the concept of follow-thru at the time. Also, thanks for the info Bob S. I'm going to copy/paste it for future reference. I'll also recheck my sights at the range to see if they're close to the info above.

2. Default

Well, certainly the first thing you need to do is check to make sure that neither the front not rear sights are moving around, and that the action is not moving around in the stock.

Assuming that is not an issue, I would recommend paying a lot of attention to your front sight AND your trigger control. I have found that it is commonplace to shoot low in the rapids, especially with a .30 cal, and that I need to change the hold to a center-mass on the raps. Also SLOW DOWN in the raps and follow through. There's a subconscious tendency to pull the rifle down with the sling and the trigger if you're holding at 6 o'clock in the raps and the shots end up in the white.

Same for the offhand. I think that when you hold at 6 if you don't pay close attention to your trigger control you end up pulling the shot low.

Finally. although I don't think that this is the cause of the group placement errors, you may be able to tighten up the group size by considering a slower powder for that bolt gun, like 4064, 4350, H414 or something like that. 2015 seems to me to be a bit fast of a powder to use in a 30-06 with a 168 grain bullet. (While we're on the subject, my personal belief is that if you're only shooting at 200 you might just as well use a 150 grain bullet, which is less expensive and might recoil slightly less).

HTH