Default JP Sauer Please help

Guys,

I'm new to Mausers and need some help. Found one this morning. Appears to be a JP Sauer with a number 42 on the receiver.5779 on side. All visible numbers match except for the bolt. Also appears to have original sling. All Nazi stamps are present on the blued steel receiver.

The down side....the stock was refinished removing the cartouches. The cleaning rod and sight cover are missing.

Overall condition is pretty good with some wear to the bluing. Forgot to check for duffle cut.

Hopefully someone will pick up on this posting before I leave the area today.

Thanks,

Scott

Default Mau

OOPs,

How much would the sanded stock and missing parts hurt the value. Price is $400.00

You did not mention import stamp. Without one I would strongly suspect a WW11 bring back. Few of these had 'duffle cuts'. m/m but matched bolts (something else you did not mention) is commen with bring backs. Cleaning rods & hood are easy to get altho they may be repros. The stock however is major turn off, a light refinish is exceptable to me but when heavy sanded took marrkings off I have passed for my collection. Many GI's refinished them to make them look better. They were only worth 30 bucks at the time! However if in the market for a shooter I would buy but not pay over 400 for it depending on condition of the rest of rifle. It would be better then an RC after all!

No import marks on it that I can find. Condition is much better than the RC's i've almost bought over the last 3 years but ended up passing on.

If you got it show some pic's. If you have thought of getting an RC, this is much better in my opinion.