Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions needed

1. Default Opinions needed

I am beginning to sell off my collection of military edged weapons. Although I hate ebay it is apparently the best way to go in order to have a chance at reasonable prices. My question is, in order to realize the best return, shall I sell an M6 scabbard with a blade dated M3 or sell them separately?

Thanks for your input and feedback!

Pacific North west & Lake Havasu City, AZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Drill Sergeant View Post
    I am beginning to sell off my collection of military edged weapons. Although I hate ebay it is apparently the best way to go in order to have a chance at reasonable prices. My question is, in order to realize the best return, shall I sell an M6 scabbard with a blade dated M3 or sell them separately?

I totally get what you are saying about getting your maximum return but if the Rare blade dated M-3 and the scabbard are original to each other it would be a crying shame to split them up. I know you have to do what you have to do but just think of us poor collectors having to buy the pieces separately and possibly creating a bunch more mismatched pieces needlessly. Just my $.02 worth......

I also don't like to split up pieces, and normally will not if there is a decent chance that they were originally a matched pair. However, in most cases selling them separately will result in a fairly decent price increase. I agree that eBay is the best place for maximizing potential profit as it provides a much broader potential buyer base than any other site that I know of.

Right now prices are depressed on most edged weapons unless they are somewhat uncommon and in Very Good or better condition. A dated M3 and M6 scabbard certainly falls into the uncommon category and if they are in nice condition you should realize a decent price.
    Gary Cunningham - Bayonetman

I also don't like to split up pieces, and normally will not if there is a decent chance that they were originally a matched pair. However, in most cases selling them separately will result in a fairly decent price increase. I agree that eBay is the best place for maximizing potential profit as it provides a much broader potential buyer base than any other site that I know of.

Right now prices are depressed on most edged weapons unless they are somewhat uncommon and in Very Good or better condition. A dated M3 and M6 scabbard certainly falls into the uncommon category and if they are in nice condition you should realize a decent price.
    Gary Cunningham - Bayonetman

Quote Originally Posted by Drill Sergeant View Post

Check out GunBroker.com. Nice bayonets bring good prices there and you can set a high starting bid or "buy it now" price and let the listing run over and over till it sells. You can't do this on ebay unless you open up a "store". GB fees are much less as well and people aren't forced to pay with Paypal. Of course you can use the WTS WTB forum here too.
    Last edited by Allen; 07-13-2014 at 02:12.

Gunbroker doesn't give money to the likes of the Brady Bunch either.
    Spelling and grammar count!

I don't really want to sound like Goo but-----ebay sucks!

8. Default

Not only does ebay suck, they charge you an arm and a leg.

9. Default

Find a militaria auction site and see what similar items go for. As far as SELLERS go Fleabay is for amateurs. Even though some serious collectors may search there.

10. Default

Yeah, personally, I hate seeing matched blades and scabbards split up, if for nothing else than respect for the history of it. When I see them split up, I don't bid to be honest, because I find it irritating that someone would split them up. Just my two cents worth. Good luck.