Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default

The 3-43 Rock-Ola barrel is correct with an Inland gas cylinder.

You know I repark guns a lot and to me it looks like it was reparked and quite recently as well.

Maybe it's the pics, or I'm just flat wrong. But it looks like it was just refinished to me.

3. Default Number font

Look at number font. Then compare it to another 3-43 rockola barrel. Also see if reduced barrel size diameter in front of front sight. To me it has several repro parts. The repro guys are getting good. We are educating them.

Let me first apologize and clear some confusion. This rifle was advertised and having been “corrected” with Rock-Ola parts. Maybe not time frame “correct”, but my bigger concern is that the parts are in fact real Rock-Ola and not repo. The barrel band was the part I was most unsure about, but not having another to compare it to I was giving the benefit of…. all the other parts looked ok for the most part to me. I know there is some questions on the hammer, but another site I was using says a double boxed B/R hammer IS a correct type3 Rock-Ola hammer. ????
    These days it has been hard for me to even find a Rock-Ola in any kind of condition worth buying. Even average condition mix master are going for $2k. This one’s a bit more than that, but it seemed like a good start on a Rock-Ola for me. Dare I ask about the stock originality? Given all the bad and a little bit of good, is this even worth starting out withthis one? I know it’s ultimately my decision, but I now have mixed feelings, and I’m a bit bummed. My window to backing out is closing, if not already closed. I might have a fighting chance at saving my ass on it if I can get a true value of it. So I ask……..??
    Thanks again for all the help. It’s a learning process that sometimes can sting. It’s a damn shame there are people out there that are dishonest. Maybe with what I learn, I can help others if not myself.

5. Default

The boxed B/R and circled B/R hammers are not Rock-Ola hammers. They are replacements made by Bruner-Ritter. With the amount of repro part and the refinish the value as a "corrected" carbine is a fraction of the figure you posted.

If you paid more than $2K you got taken for a ride big time. This one isn't fixable and the few parts that are real aren't worth more than $2K.
    Last edited by Mike in NC; 07-01-2014 at 08:13. Reason: spelling fix

leftyo Guest

without getting into correct parts, looks reparked, and the stock has been well sanded and refinished. i dont think its worth anything close to 2K.

Good news, its going back and im getting a full refund plus shipping. Man that was close. Looks like I have a lot more to learn.

Anyone wanting to sell an honest Rock-Ola let me know. Thanks all for the help.

Still a very nice carbine. Wish it was mine!

Is this one worth going to look at? It's close to where I live.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=425729737
    Last edited by aptech77; 07-03-2014 at 05:58.