Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default New Rock-Ola, picture heavy.

Form everything I can tell, between the books I have read and the research I have done here and on a few other sights, this Rock-Ola looks good to me. I do however, seek the opinions from others here. Please take the time to let me know what you think. Thanks!

Last edited by aptech77; 06-30-2014 at 07:24.

Last edited by aptech77; 06-30-2014 at 07:24.

Last edited by aptech77; 06-30-2014 at 07:42.

Im a bit concerned by all the silence. Should I be?

My thoughts, like it or not. To me the barrel band looks like a repro. The "MR" stamping looks far to deep and crisp to me. The back lip of the band where it meets the handguard doesn't look like a Rock-Ola barrel band to me. The B/R hammer is not a Rock-Ola hammer. The flip sight looks like a repro to me (milling marks on the side of the base and the letter stampings). Seems like a very early 3-43 barrel for a 4.57 million Rock-Ola. The recoil plate screw is a Winchester. The bolt with "Rock-Ola" on right lug is too early for this receiver, would expect one with "Rock-Ola" on left lug. I would have to check one of my early Rock-Ola bolts, but the stamping on the right lug doesn't even look like a real Rock-Ola to me. The "I I" marking on the gas cylinder has me wondering, that doesn't seem right to me. Not sure about the early Rock-Ola barrels, but I was pretty sure at least the later ones have "Rock-Ola" stamped on the side of the gas cylinder. I will have to look but I think the milled front sight might be too early for this rifle, I think it should be stamped Rock-Ola front sight by this time. I am not sure if the mag catch is real or not. Sorry to be negative, but too many parts look like repro and too many parts not from the right era of production.

I guess my questions or concerns would be if the parts aren't time frame correct, are they at least actual authentic rockola made parts and not reproduction. Sounds like there might be some issues with both.

The serial number dates to about February 1944. The barrel if it is a Rock-Ola barrel is far too early for it but the gas cylinder is marked for Inland. The front sight may go along with a barrel dated as this one is but too early for the serial number but again I wonder about the barrel. The hammer as pointed out by Mike is not correct. I'm pretty sure the trigger housing should be a type 4 for the serial number. The barrel band I think is suspect. I agree with Mike in that I think it's a repo. The bolt is correct as it was used marked on the right to almost the end of the second block of serial numbers. Some bolts can be found in the later part of the second block with Rock-Ola on the left side lug. The rear sight well if it's real it's in the wrong serial number block. Those marked as yours were used in the first, with some used in the third and fourth serial blocks of numbers but not the second block. While you do have some Rock-Ola parts that are right you do have a lot that are not right or are fakes. If your able to send it back and get a refund I think that is what I would do.