Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Keep up with the personal insults but Staining has bee done for centuries. Duff and Canfield have been wrong many times just like the Educational Article in the GCA this month which includes myself and RCS in the article.

I apologize to the original poster for this off track stuff. I just didn't want this guy to lie to you folks. Rick B

http://www.madehow.com/Volume-6/Wood-Stain.html

2. Default

Turnbull's does the same thing you are doing, and is have great luck. You might want to check them out, maybe you can get some tips on how to proceed.

3. Default

not going to respond to you anymore, son. You apparently have to heavy baggage to lug around. Wish you the best of luck dealing with those demons

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Hosmer View Post
    Hey, I'm glad you got it, too, and I appreciate your attitude, and the work you put into it - and, despite the pictures, I'm not "there", holding it, so can only go with my feelings and opinions.

That said, I still don't agree (nor do I need to for both of us to be happy) with your choice of metal treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by StockDoc View Post
    Turnbull's does the same thing you are doing, and is have great luck. You might want to check them out, maybe you can get some tips on how to proceed.
    Oooops, brought up another of my pet peeves - whizzing up an old gun to look brand-spanking NEW. No matter how exquisite the craftsmanship, and he does gorgeous work, I simply don't care for the practice/concept, but, not my gun, not my money, so, not my choice to make.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Hosmer View Post
    Oooops, brought up another of my pet peeves - whizzing up an old gun to look brand-spanking NEW. No matter how exquisite the craftsmanship, and he does gorgeous work, I simply don't care for the practice/concept, but, not my gun, not my money, so, not my choice to make.
    I agree, I much prefer to keep an old gun original. But their work is pleasing to the eye. However I do see problems for the future buyer. Was just at the Smithsonian and the NRA museum and still drool at the thought of those original firearms.

Everyone who has an old original rifle isn`t interested in keeping it to make $$ on it some day. They want it to look new or make to there liking & shoot it because it`s there rifle & they can.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by older than dirt View Post
    Everyone who has an old original rifle isn`t interested in keeping it to make $$ on it some day. They want it to look new or make to there liking & shoot it because it`s there rifle & they can.
    Do you think that one would be safe to shot? Me, I have no idea if it is or not. But, if I wanted a Trapdoor to shoot, I would by a rifle in better shape. I do understand his position though, of bringing it back into shape.

Quote Originally Posted by older than dirt View Post
    Making money has nothing whatsoever to with it, though for every idiot that whizzes his gun, mine goes up a few cents. Of course it is theirs, and they can do whatever they want to it, but, but I like to think that collecting and conserving has evolved, and we either don't do the stupid things we used to do in '50s, or we don't do them as much.