Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Can you come up to Camp Perry and DROOL thru Commercial row? tStarting the second week of July thru August?

You'll have at least two suppliers available to look.

2. Default

Bombdog, if you're in the eastern half of NC, check out http://www.crossecreekrifleandpistolclub.com/ which is just SE of Fayetteville. We have monthly vintage military matches, the next on 26 JUL 14. I won't be there, but Bill and Jay will, I'm sure. Lots of vets of all ages in the club and attend the matches.

Check here for more info: www.northstateshootingclub.com/newindex.htm about XTC matches at CP Butner.

Hope this helps,
    Steve

Just to update the thread... Have since been to a couple JCG matches down at the Durham Pistol and Rifle Club, great is a good word... Friendly competitors and staff... The facilities are outstanding... Did i mention i really learned a lot too... i've gotten an entry level canvas Creedmoore coat and my score jumped by about 20 points...
    i have one other question now however, concerning eyesight... i wear readers for, well, reading... Normally 175's... What should i try for clearing up my front sight, 125's, maybe 100's??? Went to the range today and 'after' i finished, tried looking through my 150's i had in the truck for curiosity's sake and, it's official, i need to see my front post a bit clearer... That target was really hard to see though... Again would a lower magnification, just enough to clear up the front post, work so i can still see the target???
    Tango mike guys...
    bombdog, out...
    "Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends." Jesus Christ !!! JN15:13

Deleted 05/17/15 jt
    Last edited by musketjon; 05-17-2015 at 08:18.

5. Default

To shoot the rifles where the rules do not allow a lens (Garand, Springfield, Vintage Games matches), I use the glasses sold by Bob Jones commonly called his "Harry Potter" glasses. Go to www.bjonessights.com . If the power you need to get the front sight perfect also causes you to lose the target, you can get a rear sight pinion from Art Nagaard at Shootingsight.com that has a smaller aperture to get the target back. In matches that allow hooded apertures, I use Bob jones lenses, Microsite for AR, and will be using a MISO in my M1 NM.