Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thanks Brian for that info. The springs maybe were replaced on the carbines even if the old springs that were on them were still ok as there may have been some problems associated with the weaker springs to cause the issuing of stronger springs. Ray
    Last edited by rayg; 06-25-2014 at 02:38.

Well made the carbine a little more correct, I obtained a 22-1/2 coil spring and replaced the in-correct period spring that was in it. There must be a easy way of replacing a spring because I tried putting it back in the way I took it out, up and out, but it wouldn't line up in the hole and after trying for about 1/2 hr, I finally tried a different approach and removed the hammer pin and lined the spring up against the loose hammer and compressed the spring and at the same time moving/sliding the hammer back to were the pin holes lined up and replaced the pin to secure the hammer and spring. Not sure if that's the way it's supposed to be done but it worked. Also the carbine has an early magazine in it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rayg; 07-11-2014 at 06:37.

With hammer fully forward , place spring and guide in hole by running along the right side of the hammer ( right is right , left is wrong ) . Use the tip of the mainspring guide in the hammer spring guide's loop to compress spring and guide the loop into the hammer's notch.
    Chris

Thanks Chris. I was trying to put it back with the hammer back. If I would have had any brains, I would have realized the hammer should be forward. Oh well, never was the sharpest knife in the drawer, Lol, Ray

Most people try to do it from the wrong side ......" Hey , they put a notch in the hammer here for the spring / plunger to clear " .
    Chris
    Last edited by emmagee1917; 07-11-2014 at 04:12.