Default Enfield scope mounts

Anybody have any experience with this one-

http://www.brownells.com/optics-moun...Make_3=Enfield
    A man with a sword may talk of peace.A man with out a sword may talk of peace,but he must talk very fast indeed.

Yup. Had one of the very first ones made available through Darby Kruger on the old Gun and Knife/Britishguns.net forums. That was well before Brownells pick up on selling it. Called the Cadtechnic mount back then. I had serial number 12.
    It works and you can remove and reinstall without much if any loss of zero just as they say.
    It rides high so you will need some sort of cheekrest. You might have to fiddle with the replacement ejector screw. Use locktite to keep it from loosening up.
    DO NOT use the set screws which press against the side of the receiver for adjusting the cant (if any). They're soft enough to crush and not hold, yet hard enough to gouge the side of the rifle. Instead use brass shim stock, or just turn the scope inside the rings.
    Depending upon the type of safety lever you have, using the safety isn't an easy thing to do although it is possible. For ease I used a flathead machine screw through the hole in the lever which fastened a steel button I fabricated for the purpose. The lever parks against the mount base and that is thick enough to interfere with getting a decent purchase on the lever. It's a little easier if using the 'lady slipper' lever.

It worked on different rifles until I gave up on the notion of needing optics on a No4 rifle. I sat it aside for a few years before selling it off a gun show table a couple years ago.

It's the only reliable mount out there if you desire to leave the original rear sight in place, but it isn't really a see-under type in a practical sense. Aside from that one, the Armalon mount works better and is solid. Has a lower setting parallel to the bore axis so you may not need a cheekrest depending upon you and your shooting style. It does howver require removal of the rear sight.

Here's a pic of the Cad on my sporter...well actually it's a pic of the rifle but the Cad is on it.

How's that for a review?
    Last edited by JB White; 06-15-2014 at 12:16.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**