Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default

My basic go to AR's an M4 config with Eotech 16 inch 1/7 stag
    And my Commando 11 1/2 barrel 1/7 stag suppresed with a rocker switch A1 upper iron sights only ( dropped 3 running pigs at 40 yeds on full auto about a ten shot burst the added weight makes it very controlable the pigs where 20 pounders so not very big targets like a fat football
    Great bunny gun also.
    I agree with OP less is more light and handy I shot a 250 hog tonight with my M4 dark night holding a spotlight resting in the Atv handle bars and the mag of the rifle on top of the light
    I flashed the pig with the light put the red dot center mass and popped the cap dropped him at 60 yrds with. 69 gr match bullet great for pigs. I am a big EoTech fan for walk hunting pigs in the brush in central texas
    Last edited by Johnny in Texas; 11-29-2014 at 08:41.

2. Default

It's a rifle that it's intent was to be a light rifle, alum and plastic, now they go and put at that junk on it to weigh it down and complicate matters. give me a simple light AR that can hold lots of ammo.
    liberum aeternum

leftyo Guest

i think they are best as varmint rigs, but as was mentioned they are like lego's build it however you want.

Iraqveteren8888 on Youtube summed it up pretty good in this video. Still no coffee maker on this one, should be on gen2 though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQpf...XHAHnzDgEb4XWT

5. Default

I call those things "Blade Runner Guns". I like my Colt Model 604 clone much better.

Shooter5 Guest

If you don't like the 5.56; Recall that caliber choices include some thumpers like the 6.8 SPC and 6.5Grendel, etc just for starters. There is so many options for uppers, material, rails, barrels, caliber, sights, length, weight you could spend a week looking at whats available.

I bought a Colts SP1 new in 1977. Over the years it has had
    It's furniture changed several times.

The only thing original remaining is the lower. I can't say it's better now though...

I can see the Op's point:
    From this

to this:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Simple sometimes makes people unhappy. My first was an SP1 and I still have it. I have built a few to duplicate it since I have to live in California, but it was my first and I love it.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by joem View Post
    My grandaughter wants my retro SP1 AR15. Maybe after I'm no more she can have it.
    I've been collecting parts going to build one soon.
    Steve
    The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson