Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Art View Post
    ....if you can find .310"-.312" projectiles. I've had very little luck on that front. I have an order that's been pending at Midway so long that my credit card expired and I had to send them the updated info. Components are so hard to find for me, anyhow, that I hoard my reloads almost like my factory or milsurp.
    Every so ofter I make a trip to Sierra inSedalia and buy factory seconds. No mail order on these, you have to go in person and limit is 100 pounds of bullets.
    Last edited by joem; 06-12-2014 at 01:10.

See, gents, that's the bigger issue. You can only reload so long. It is seriously getting depressing trying to find not standard calibre ammo or components these days.
    "I only get paid if I survive... And I like getting paid."

This thread made me think of something. Hammer marks on the threaded portion of 7.62 conversion action bodies. I seem to remember having and seeing several conversions with Longbranch 7.62 barrels that were probably indexed in this manner. I think I may still have one such conversion on a Longbranch action that belonged to our long-time Illinois State Rifle Association Secretary, George Bjornstad. Would this have been common practice?

Quote Originally Posted by Johan412th View Post
    See, gents, that's the bigger issue. You can only reload so long. It is seriously getting depressing trying to find not standard calibre ammo or components these days.
    John there is a very nice Ishy 2A1 RFI 1967 on gunbroker right now.

Is the ishapore the only real affordable enfield in 7.62 NATO? I have a feeling even if I manage to get a barrel, it's not going to be cheap...

Quote Originally Posted by Johan412th View Post
    Is the ishapore the only real affordable enfield in 7.62 NATO? I have a feeling even if I manage to get a barrel, it's not going to be cheap...
    Yes, but don't expect the same function and accuracy as you would from the others. The 2A/2A1 rifle was a production line, general issue rifle made with a different set of parameters in mind.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

I look at it like all other Enfields they were battle rifles not target rifles. Made to go bang in terrible condition and hold minute of man.

Quote Originally Posted by p246 View Post
    I look at it like all other Enfields they were battle rifles not target rifles. Made to go bang in terrible condition and hold minute of man.
    Ha! That they were... But, battle rifle beats modern rifle any day. I'll take functioning surplus over commercial grade any day. Tried and true.

In the attached photo the hammer marks that I've seen often on the conversions is evident. Nothing that bothered me particularly, but I was curious if this was common practice. Quite evident is that the barrel probably didn't index and the hammer elongated the metal enough for the indexing to take place.

I did find a couple takeoff LB conversion barrels, but know there is a new one somewhere. Also found a CMK4 barrel marked '58. Would that be a 6 groover? I forgot to look for a marking.............
    Attached Images Attached Images

Is there anything that would fit a standard no.4 mk1 rifle and stock?