Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Found his sight and sent him an email. This could be what I'm looking for. Thanks a bunch m1.
    "I only get paid if I survive... And I like getting paid."

Quote Originally Posted by Sunray View Post
    Ishapore mags will not fit a No. 4, but can be made to by grinding off the bottom locking lug. Still be the wrong follower though.
    Ishy 2A1 mags will fit a No4 action just fine with no grinding, and will feed and eject rounds just as well. I have used a couple on 7.62 barreled No4s that were waiting on L42 style mags.
    Enfield, everything else is just a rifle. Unless it's a Garand.

Long pig, it's what's for Dinner!

Well unfortunately, I contacted Brian dick, and he informed me he no longer has any 7.62 enfields. Back to the drawing board. Nice guy, though.

Thanks Alan. Seems to be 400$ For the going rate on an ishapore. It's no No.4 mk1, but it'll get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Johan412th View Post
    Thanks for the advice, gents. I currently want a 7.62 enfield that is true British steel, but an l42 is out of my price range. How hard are parts to find? I will have a gunsmith assemble said parts to a no.4 when I find one. How hard is it to find 7.62 NATO no. 4 that was already converted?
    Look up Bill Wylde . Bill is a member and posts here .Bill has forgotten more about monkeywrenching No4's in .303 & 7.62x51mm NATO than just about anyone I know and I am or was a TAMO officer running a central small arms repair depot for six months .

Nice and very helpful guy and may be able to set you up with what you need !

JR

Thanks. I sent him a message, hopefully he can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Johan412th View Post
    And this is in the uk? Incredible. I haven't seen any lately in the US. Still looking though. It pains me every shot I take with my .303 Greek ammo.
    Consider reloading. You can make your loads just right for you and save some money if you shop components.

Quote Originally Posted by joem View Post
    Consider reloading. You can make your loads just right for you and save some money if you shop components.
    ....if you can find .310"-.312" projectiles. I've had very little luck on that front. I have an order that's been pending at Midway so long that my credit card expired and I had to send them the updated info. Components are so hard to find for me, anyhow, that I hoard my reloads almost like my factory or milsurp.

Quote Originally Posted by Art View Post
    ....if you can find .310"-.312" projectiles. I've had very little luck on that front. I have an order that's been pending at Midway so long that my credit card expired and I had to send them the updated info. Components are so hard to find for me, anyhow, that I hoard my reloads almost like my factory or milsurp.
    Same issue but I'm shooting cast gas checked out of some 30 Cal's so I bought a. 312 mold for my enfields. I,m going to Beagle that mold to. 314 and run gas checks. I'll have to play with the load to find the sweet spot but that's half the fun.