Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

In obsessive compulsive land the cruciform is correct for rifles up to 42. Just like all those garands and carbines that absolutely must have every part from the same manufacturer. Reality is, as already stated, whatever was on hand, got issued. Oddly, much of the unissued gear is from early or pre war and late 44. Something about the allied manufacturing and supply. I assume the early stuff was on the bottom in the warehouses and that's why it didn't make it out during the war, same thing with 44 dated stuff that didn't make it out after D-day.

Average prices have been around $175-$250 for a good to excellent cruciform, from what I have seen.
    I own firearms not to fight against my government, but to ensure I will not have to.

I wanted to put it on one of my enfields that would be period correct to time of manufacture. Thanks for all the input its snapped on the 42 BSA. I should have bought everyone he had. By the time I went back to look for a forum member the rest were gone.

Please reduce the size of your pictures. Takes forever to load this page for dial up members.
    The Cruciform came before the spike and wasn't being made to be issued in 1943.
    "...As far as what's "correct"....they all are...." Exactly. You need all of the bits and pieces that were issued.
    Spelling and grammar count!