1. Default 1879 trapdoor ejection

Is there any way to increase the ejectionpower of the spent case from a trapdoor carbine?

1972Doug

?? In flipping the block open in every Springfield single shot I own rifle or carbine the fired shell will fly over your shoulder and land six-ten feet behind you. How much further would you like it to go?

There is not a whole lot that you can do to that small ejector spring to make it any better. If you are having problems it may be due to to a dirty or pitted chamber, or to oversize brass? Or, maybe the ejector spring is broken or missing???

On the trapdoors that I shoot, I remove the ejector spring entirely. The fired case is withdrawn from the chamber and can be picked out of the receiver, rather than looking for it in the grass.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Trevor View Post
    ?? In flipping the block open in every Springfield single shot I own rifle or carbine the fired shell will fly over your shoulder and land six-ten feet behind you. How much further would you like it to go?
    15 feet!
    The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms....

I had e-mailed the gentleman for details of his problem but never recieved a reply. So hope he solved whatever his problem was.

6. Default

Soory, Sir, but I never received your email. I do not have a problem, just based my question on watching videos of people firing the trapdoor.

1972Doug

At the top of the page there is a notifications line its hard to pick up and easy to miss. Glad all is well and you have no problems.

On both of my trapdoors, people are surprised at how hard fast the extractor is, it will easily throw a case over the shoulder and a several feet behind you.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser, Socrates