Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Just my two-penny-worth
    I reckon any of the Enfield trainers are worth $400, and some of them (eg No7 Mk1) up to $2000. Have a good look thru them before someone else does.

Thanks Alan I'll run over and look at them this week.

Somebody is terribly confused over at Milsurps. Canadian Arsenals, Long Branch Plant was not in Leaside, for one. It was in Long Branch. Hence, the name of the place. Was raised about 5 miles from the plant. Used to shoot next door to it too. Got in the building long after that SOB Trudeau closed it. Smaller place than you'd think.
    A No. 7 rifle is easily worth $400. Friggin' things shoot unbelievably well, even with low end ammo.
    Spelling and grammar count!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunray View Post
    Somebody is terribly confused over at Milsurps. Canadian Arsenals, Long Branch Plant was not in Leaside, for one. It was in Long Branch. Hence, the name of the place. Was raised about 5 miles from the plant. Used to shoot next door to it too. Got in the building long after that SOB Trudeau closed it. Smaller place than you'd think.
    A No. 7 rifle is easily worth $400. Friggin' things shoot unbelievably well, even with low end ammo.
    I presume you are refering to a CNo7 Mk1,

I am talking about the No7 Mk1 which is the only Enfield trainer designed to be magazine fed, and manufactured by BSA for the RAF, a quantity of only 2000 were manufacured.

The CNo7 was a single shot .22 and in excess of 20,000 manufactured.

Totally different rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan De Enfield View Post
    Just my two-penny-worth
    I reckon any of the Enfield trainers are worth $400, and some of them (eg No7 Mk1) up to $2000. Have a good look thru them before someone else does.
    Thanks Alan, Got one of those in the original transit case

Oh, and both a Canadian and Brit No4 .22 in the transit cases.
    Enfield bug bit me around 1964.

Oh, just a note on how to spot fake T's. Some dealer, I forget who, was selling fakes. He mounted the scope bases but didn't (realise or care) that the reciever has to be machined flat where the front mount is attached, so its crooked