Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default School me No 4 mark 1 (T)

Starting new thread here. This is same collection I talked about where I bought the jungle carbine. He showed me a No 4 mark 1 (T) he wants to sell. He said its legit but I know nothing about the sniper version. It has spacers on side of receiver but no single piece mount or scope. He said it was Canadian issue and has a crudely painted unit symbol on it. The cheek piece matches the stock in grain and color. The bore was full of grease and he agreed to let me clean it Saturday to see condition of rifling. Plus that gave me time to research it. Plus he promised one other person a shot at it.

I see repro mounts and scopes are available are they good stuff or junk. Is original stuff still to be found. Gonna hit Google but if anyone can give me info I'd appreciate it.
    Oh he wants 450.00 from what I've found if legit is a decent price. It looks like these rifles had a good reputation.

FIRST, it should say No4 Mk1 (T) on it. Then there are quiet a few details to look for after that. A bunch of these are floating around and they are legit.

Could go as high as $800 depending on condition and how bad someone wants it. $400 was the going price years ago. $600 would probably be the right price....again, condition is everything.

I have heard reviews from "OK" to "Total junk" on the repop scopes and mounts. I believe Sarco even scrapped some of their mounts due to poor quality.

Real scopes and mounts show up from time to time for around $1,500+ but I haven't seen one in over a year (not looking either).

In the end, the complete rifles go for thousands and numbers matched sets go for thousands more.

My opinion, throw it out at $600 and let someone else deal with getting it right.
    I own firearms not to fight against my government, but to ensure I will not have to.

Thanks I'm partial to Canadian stuff so it caught my eye. I remember seeing the a T on it but by that time I had saw so much stuff I felt like I was taking a sip from a fire hydrant. I'll look again Saturday. Time for some Googling...seems like a weird term.
    Last edited by p246; 05-28-2014 at 11:52.

"Scopeless T's" alone (without mount, optics, transit case, tools etc.) are common enough and $450 is around top end to someone who wants one. Keep in mind the mounts were individually hand fitted to each rifle by Holland and Holland and serialized. That's why so many repro's and OEM retro-fits do not work out well. It's also why some are found sans cheekrest, so owners could actually shoot the glorified No4 without the optics
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Yep I'm torn on this one. I think its legit from what I remember. I think I'll just see how it pans out. If it did not have Canadian markings I wouldn't be near as interested. I don't remember seeing any import markings but I read where CIA imported a bunch sans mount and optic...He has 5 pristine no 4 mark 1's with sling and bayonets. Maybe I should talk him down on one of those. I honestly just went over there for the number 5....

I'll second JBs price estimate. my guess of $600 is only based on some time passing and less availability. That doesn't always cause an increase in value. Canadian is more gooder, but it is still a scopeless mountless rifle which will require hand fitting to get it into good but WRONG condition. The problem being that unless you accidentally find the numbers matching original mount and scope, it will be another 100yrs before it becomes a $4,000 rifle.
    I own firearms not to fight against my government, but to ensure I will not have to.

Shoot Guamsst I plan to live forever:-) I think I'll pick up one of his no 4 mark 1,s with sling and bayonet for now and ponder on the T maybe he will come down. He moved on the no 4

The main question is, are you going to be happy with an expensive copy? If not, then pass it up. It will be expensive just to build a 70% correct rifle.

That took care of itself. His Enfield "expert told him it was worth $1000.00 as is. I told him I'd pass. He had a P14 22 trainer that was. slick but he wants $1500.00. Two nice Ross 1905's but wants $1000.00 for them...He has 5 22 trainers all different types and he's asking $400 for each. I might go through them and see what exactly they are. I know some trainers bring good money, but during my visits I was paying attention to the big bore stuff.