1. Default Unhistory channel

I am watching a program on the so called history channel showing the Punitive Expedition using an English Enfield, some one who decided not to shoot Hitler holding a trainer 1903 and an unshaven Patton looking at tanks (at least they are the correct tanks) (Patton shaved twice a day at West Point). Of course, Obama himself introduced the program, so what can you expect?

2. Default

Oops, even the tanks are incorrect!

What about aliens? They must be in there somewhere because about 50% of their programming seems to be about wing-nuts chasing flying saucers.

All I ever see listed on the former History Channel is Pawn Stars and other related programs. The history seems to have vanished.

5. Default

I will admit, though, that it was different to see right leaning commentators like McCrystal, Chaney, and others on the later episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    All I ever see listed on the former History Channel is Pawn Stars and other related programs. The history seems to have vanished.
    On some of my "awake" nights in the Philippines, I watched the History Channel and the only thing I remember was a program where businesses bid on the contents of storage units. Didn't see any "history", either. "History Channel", yeah, right!!
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

Is it true that The History Channel hired Chumlee from "Pawn Stars" as the technical advisor for "The World Wars" show?

8. Default

Not to mention most all the combatants from different countries seem to be carrying No.1 MkIII Enfields- Yanks, Germans, Italians, Russians, etc. Even the the protagonists on both sides in the 1920's street brawls in Munich. I spotted a British soldier carrying a Chauchat MG, and in a scene that showed Doughboys with '03's, some were using 03A3's. I bet they used re-ennactors with their own weapons for those roles, but the prop department probably only came up with .303 blanks so the Enfields got passed around a lot.

Sadly, while I applaud the effort to educate a witless generation about the horrors that shaped the 20th century, the presentation thereof was too theatrical and ignorant of the equipment used. Still in all better for a clueless hip urbanite to watch and learn from than yet another episode of Pawn Stars or Dancing With the Stars, or some other Hollywood "Star" venue I suppose.

I've been watching series and the part about WWI wasn't too bad. The parts about WWII seem to be a collection of other specials shown on the history Channel at other dates. The WWII are not in a order of time line that you could folllow. The jumping back and forth in the time lines really ruined it for me. I thought it would be in a calendar order of the progression of WWII. Waste of time and money.

10. Default

I know what you are talking about. Years ago I watched THC all the time. Now I almost never watch it. I don't think my interests have changed, just what they show. I don't have any interest in that fantasy crap. That is not history, just somebodies wet dream.