Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Here's a posting on belts.A belt dated 1912 would have different characteristics than later belts-

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/foru...2-pistol-belt/

If you peruse the reference section on this forum you will most likely find pictures and information of help.There are some advanced web collectors here.
    A man with a sword may talk of peace.A man with out a sword may talk of peace,but he must talk very fast indeed.

2. Default

Thanks again for the input JBin….. the link/forum is very helpful… I'm in no hurry and I have 1911's from other early years so i can't go wrong buying the best example belts/pockets and holsters I find for each year as they come up.

I'll post pictures of the 3 digit Navy (all correct with a pretty worn finish) sometime soon.

Best Regards,

Ray

3. Default

In regard to the Magazine Pocket, does anyone have a leather variant with a single snap and rimless eagle snap (issued by Rock Island)… what years where these made?

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by JBinIll View Post
    Here's a posting on belts.A belt dated 1912 would have different characteristics than later belts-

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/foru...2-pistol-belt/

If you peruse the reference section on this forum you will most likely find pictures and information of help.There are some advanced web collectors here.
    JBin, Thank you for the link to the belt info (with the link in that link on color). Almost fits the definition of: "If you can't stand the answer, don't ask the question".

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by rmlachance View Post
    In regard to the Magazine Pocket, does anyone have a leather variant with a single snap and rimless eagle snap (issued by Rock Island)… what years where these made?
    Ray,

Thank you for starting this thread. I knew I didn't know, but---I had no idea there was so much between 1911 and 1917. I will watch for the pictures of your navy.

I have held only one 1912 dated cloth pouch (it was in rough shape and not for sale). Johnny's is the only other one I have seen (but, not been hunting for one [yet]). I have seen several 1913 and 1914 rimless cloth pouches. I have seen one 1913 dated single snap leather pouch (several after 1918, and one double snap, rimed, leather that does not have any markings [private sale?]
    I am not sure I can get a picture of the stamp on the 1913 leather, but I will try to describe it. On the back, with the flap/opening to the right, it is stamped between the bottom two rivets (those two rivets would be the two on the right back with the pouch held upright---so, the stamp is side ways with the pouch upright). It reads:
    ROCK ISLAND
    ARSENAL
    H.E.K.
    (The bottom three lines in the stamp are centered below ROCK ISLAND)
    You may already know this, but---the 1913 dated leather pouch will not go on a cloth pistol belt (only on a leather belt?). (I think all the leather mag. pouches were meant to be used on leather belts??) All the other leather mag. pouches I can put my hands on look like they will go on the cloth belt.

Here is another 1912 mag pocket and early rig that's not very common.

www.m1911info.com
    Solutions for M1911 Buyers & Sellers