1. Default Nazi dagger help

I got this dagger with a pistol and a flag, can anyone tell me exactly what it is and how to properly clean and care for it as well as if it has any value?
    Thanks!!

Looks like an AF dagger, do not clean just wipe down blade with an oil and gun grease like Rig. I know little about the various knifes the Germans had and there were many, can't tell you value but most are worth in the hundreds. They are very collectable.

I'm not an expert, but that looks like an Officers Dagger 2nd type with the hanger. Are there and markings?

4. Default

Thanks, there are no maker marks or other marks of any type on the blade.

5. Default

does anyone have any idea on what type of value this might have?

Pacific North west & Lake Havasu City, AZ.

Many of these 2nd type officers daggers have names of the manufacturer on the blade but some don't. The different manufactured daggers have some different values as some are more rare than others. Also, like any other collectible, condition is key too. This dagger and scabbard appear to have some discoloration and/or rust spots on them which will affect the value quite a bit. In very nice condition, many of these go for $500 plus or minus. The Dagger that you have in it's condition, providing it is all original and not a put together piece with mismatched parts, I think would probably worth in the neighborhood of $250 to $275. And the silver, braided, decorative piece, which is known as a Portapee, is probably worth in the $75.00 range, on it's own. This is not a hanger, just a decorative piece. You do not have a hanger shown.

I just noticed that you are missing one of the hanger rings on the scabbard and this would affect the value a bit as well.
    Last edited by Duane Hansen; 05-23-2014 at 06:10.

Am I looking at 2 or 1 knife? One seems to have the eagle the other does not. I know reverse side but would think some evidence of eagle would show on reverse. Guess not!

You are correct. You are seeing the front side and then the back side. The dagger was worn with the Luftwaffe eagle facing out, so no need for one on the back.