Default Dumb luck is the best luck.

A while back I found a spare No1Mk3 Magazine cutoff and screw. I had bought it years ago and tossed it in the parts bin. When I found it again, I listed it on ebay. Then I got a message asking me if the hole had been welded over.....

I hadn't even looked it over when I bought it or when I listed it. A buyer pointed out that it was not a No1Mk3, but a No1MkV cutoff. It sold for well over $100. The wife asked if I had another one and I laughed and told her I'd probably never see another one. I only ever bought 2 spares anyways.

This week I found the other spare I bought years ago........Yep, No hole, another No1MkV and it's already at $43 on ebay.

I wonder how I would have done over the last ten years had I known the difference?!
    I own firearms not to fight against my government, but to ensure I will not have to.

Almost like the time I discovered the one on the left in my spares. Quite a bit earlier and not as scarce as a MkV, but a nice surprise all the same.

I don't know what you might have seen for it 10 years ago, but probably an impressive number for the day. There were many trying to do restorations after Springfield Sporters sold off their shootable inventory at auction. Most all of the MkV's from India were incomplete and there were....quite a few
    Last edited by JB White; 05-20-2014 at 05:33.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

My question isn't what they would have sold for 10yrs ago, but how many of them could I have picked up. I am sure I passed up a few. Crazy thing is, the second one is one I bought off a guy who deals in Enfield parts. I assume he did the same thing I did and just glanced at it. It was taped to an index card that said No1Mk3 cutoff $15. You better believe I'll be looking much more closely from now on!
    I own firearms not to fight against my government, but to ensure I will not have to.