Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Good Lord........I've got plastic bags full of No 4 and C No 7 boltheads. I must have a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Guamsst View Post
    I'm not sure how bad your headspace has to be to blow the rifle up in your face but I am thinking it would have to be in the range of ludicrous bad. .
    This was the subject of a discussion on another forum - It does appear that the 'headspace' issue is only on the left hand side of the pond.

One of the UK's main dealers in Enfield rifles actually did some studies - he gradualy reduced (or increased - depending on which way you look at it) the headspace on a NO4 until at 90 thou (0.090") he gave up with no change in accuracy, or signs of cartridge failure.

Ammunition was mil-spec - not the thin walled US made SAMMI specification stuff.

As a wartime measure the headspace was increased to 0.078" and there was talk of going to 0.084", remember that they had no considerations regarding reloading.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Wylde View Post
    Good Lord........I've got plastic bags full of No 4 and C No 7 boltheads. I must have a look.
    Sell them slow. You'd be surprised how quickly you can ruin the market.
    I own firearms not to fight against my government, but to ensure I will not have to.