Default VZ 24 Mauser Instructie

Picked this up for $135.00 figured any Mauser these days under $150.00 is a good deal.
    Attached Images Attached Images

How's the bore? Instructie sounds like a training rifle= shot a lot. Good price, how much matches? I once found a VZ 24 action, paired it with a new surplus 20" 7x57 barrel, and camo rustoleum painted the stock, lyman peep sight, great back up gun. What year do you figure it to be?

Jebb

Not allot seems to be known about the exact use of these, for training I'm sure but by whom? They appear to have come in with the Romanian imports and detail markings may vary. Some are known with Czech acceptance marks, such as E (lion)37, which is the date. Would be on left reciever above serial. Usually matched except bolt which may be Romanian marked.
    Perhaps you know more? Would be interesting.

I don't know a lot about it either. I have searched and all the info I find points to Romanian training rifle. The bore is fair the bolt is not marked at all no serial number nothing no serial number on any of the parts just the receiver has the serial number. I shot the rifle at 100 yards off a bench group was 8 inches which is about double what I am able to get with my K98.

99% of rifles which came out of Romania have m/m bolts, so not unusual. Another guy on a different forum said these rifles were used for 'home guard', factory workers, and other civilian groups for training during the 60's-70's when all those countries were breaking away from Russia. By then their regular army had been equiped with auto weapons. The barrel on your rifle should be numbered, under the handguard, and stock at butt plate. VZ-24's had only 4 serials.

Thanks for the info Dave I haven't taken it apart yet to give it a cleaning I will see if the barrel and stock matches. The bolt looks as if it never had a serial number on it at all and none of the bolt parts have any numbers that I can find.

I can see what may be a number or two under the red 59 on the stock. At any rate that is where the number should be, as well as in the barrel channel.
    You are welcome for what little info I have on these. My main collection consists of 1898 model Mausers made in Europe and Czechs are among my favorites.
    Last edited by dave; 06-10-2014 at 05:51.