Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Confuddling T99

Well, I'm glad my Toyo Kogyo Series 31 is in such good shape... It makes up for my Nagoya 7 being sporterized! LOL
    "I was home... What happened? What the Hell Happened?" - MM1 Jacob Holman, USS San Pablo

Quote Originally Posted by Jan'42 View Post
    Thanks for the assist guys.

Approx what year of production? '44?
    I would guess early 44 but I don't have any reference for that.
    I own firearms not to fight against my government, but to ensure I will not have to.

How far into the stock is the break in the rod? Got a dentist you know well?

If no deeper than 3/8" your dentist can cut a slot in the stub with a high speed crosscut fissure bur. Then, you just unscrew it. He may have to use a surgical bur, be prepared to reimburse for costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Griff Murphey View Post
    If no deeper than 3/8" your dentist can cut a slot in the stub with a high speed crosscut fissure bur.
    That is a great idea. Will keep it in mind for future cases.
    I own firearms not to fight against my government, but to ensure I will not have to.

I am NOT familiar with the details of what and where, but is there any possibility of just drilling into the remnant and using an EZ-out? If the hole is deep you might have to reduce the diameter of the rear portion of the EZ-out. Also, you say there is no duffel cut - would making a "proper" duffel cut give you access to where you need to be? If a great many stocks were cut, that shouldn't a terrible sin, and it's under the band anyhow.
    Last edited by Dick Hosmer; 06-04-2014 at 02:11.

6. Default

Don't duffle cut your stock you don't have a long rod. It is screwed into that round piece of metal that is held in place back screw.