Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default

Thank you all so much for your kind words about my father - Chuck Osborne Sadly he passed away from heart problems aortic Anurisim August 5, 2008 in Michigan. I know he would've responded to each and every request with his love of people and passion for the M1 Carbine. With Sincerest gratitude, Sharon Osborne- Mollema
    Last edited by Firetecsharon@aol.com; 02-16-2015 at 03:05.

2. Default

My late father wrote several pages in an edit to an M1 Carbine book. I'd like to buy a copy - can you check if Chuck Osborne is in the credits ? Thanks!

3. Default

I used to see them at gun shows on tables - his name was on the cover. It was a M1Carbine Manuel of sorts?

4. Default

I think you may be talking about the "For Collectors Only" series book U.S. M1 Carbines,Wartime Production. I know he was in contact with them and promoted their books some in the newsletter. I don't have a early copy handy. But I did look in a later copy dated 2009. They did credit Dick Osborne in it. Hope this helps.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by kar66 View Post
    I think you may be talking about the "For Collectors Only" series book U.S. M1 Carbines,Wartime Production. I know he was in contact with them and promoted their books some in the newsletter. I don't have a early copy handy. But I did look in a later copy dated 2009. They did credit Dick Osborne in it. Hope this helps.
    Thank you so much for this wealth of information! Maybe I can find out how to purchase them-I assume you meant credited Chuck Osborne and not dick Osborne? My father moved to Arizona 2004-06 to "get away" but never burned out on guns nor lived in Denver.
    Again thank you so much for your kind words I wish he were here to respond to each one of you. I just found his MP helmet yesterday. And the search that led me to this post – angels are doing their job guiding for sure! Sharon Osborne - Mollema 602-317-4231 PS my father served in the Army, Air Force and Marines. But "once a Marine always a Marine!"
    Last edited by Firetecsharon@aol.com; 02-20-2015 at 12:21.

6. Default

can you send me the link? The last revision was 2012 his would've been Published in 2004 or earlier any help would be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by Firetecsharon@aol.com; 02-20-2015 at 12:24.

Sorry about the misinformation on where he moved. I remember talking to him before he moved and could only remember that he moved in that general direction. I still have some of the tools that he sold me. They will stay in my collection til the day I join him. I wondered why he stopped corresponding with me. Now I know. I liked him.

8. Default My father Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by jimb View Post
    Sorry about the misinformation on where he moved. I remember talking to him before he moved and could only remember that he moved in that general direction. I still have some of the tools that he sold me. They will stay in my collection til the day I join him. I wondered why he stopped corresponding with me. Now I know. I liked him.
    It means so much to hear that - from my heart I truly thank you. You would've found a great loyal funny companion in him. He was very meticulous at whatever he did and guns were his passion from his earliest 20's. Especially later to the M1 -miss him every moment of every day.
    Last edited by Firetecsharon@aol.com; 02-22-2015 at 04:03.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Hi, This is the Carbine Club that I belong to......http://www.carbineclub.com/
    This is not the Michigan club as far as I know, Regards, Mike
    To be clear. It is definitely not the Michigan Carbine Collectors Association or the M1 Carbine Club. It is just the CARBINE CLUB.

10. Default

I still have one of Chuck Osborne's business cards that I picked up at a gun show here in Michigan about 20 years ago or so. It just said "M1 Carbines" I didn't realize there was a club. I doubt if the information is any good, but I'll see if I can dig it out and post the details.

(Later) - Well, couldn't find the card. It was a trip down memory lane, though! Lots of old business cards from gun shows in the 1990's.
    Last edited by hkp7fan; 03-04-2015 at 06:48.