Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Michigan Carbine Collectors Association

Does anyone know what happened to the Michigan Carbine Collectors Association? Was anyone here in it or know somebody who was in it? Does anyone know if there are back issues available? Thanks.

It folded a number of years ago. The former president of the group moved to Denver if I recall correctly. To the best of my knowledge, there is nobody available to contact. the former president's name was Chuck Osbourne.

I haven't done much with carbines lately........But there was the Carbine Club at one time. Their address was: Carbine Club, P.O.Box 251, Canal Fulton, Ohio, 44614.
    USMC 1969-1993 6333/8153/9999
    USMC Combat Pistol & Shotgun Instructor
    FBI Rangemaster

4. Default

I was a member for a few years. However after a few years they got to thinking they were so good they were worth $50.00 a year for membership. They were nowhere near as good as the original Carbine Club. I dropped out, I didn't mind helping them along a little. But I didn't want to help them that much. There was also another carbine club out west for a few years Nevada I think.

I still have my membership card from the Michigan U. S. Carbine Collectors. Assoc albeit with an expiration date of Jan 98 on it. Card was signed by Judy and Chuck Osborne. Address was P.O. Box 47038, Oak Park, MI 48237, Tel: (810) 541-5711. They put out a pretty comprehensive newsletter and several very detailed ordnance drawings of the carbine. The membership fees at the time were a little too high for me as I recall and I did not renew.

As I said, Chuck moved to Colorado; Denver, I think. That address and phone number are no longer his.

7. Default

I cant find a valid address or phone number for chuck osborne. If anyone has some old newsletters that they dont want i would be interested in buying them. I find it strange that with the internet today noboddy seems to know how to get a hold of him. He sounds like he has a wealth of information on carbines.

Quote Originally Posted by usmc69 View Post
    I haven't done much with carbines lately........But there was the Carbine Club at one time. Their address was: Carbine Club, P.O.Box 251, Canal Fulton, Ohio, 44614.
    These guys put out a newsletter also. An extremely good newsletter..........and they also wanted data sheets on carbines. Must have quite a data base by now. I remember trying to get info out of Chuck Osbourne and he must have been pretty burned out by then. Wasn't long after that they closed shop.
    USMC 1969-1993 6333/8153/9999
    USMC Combat Pistol & Shotgun Instructor
    FBI Rangemaster

9. Default

I am a member of the carbine club and they have excellent information in their newsletters. I found out about this michigan carbine collectors association by reading one of larry ruths books. Apparently he was a member at one point.

10. Default

Hi, This is the Carbine Club that I belong to......http://www.carbineclub.com/
    It used to be in Canal Fulton, OH, but the contact address has changed. This is not the Michigan club as far as I know, Regards, Mike