Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The trigger group, stock or any other parts that do not fit the expected time frame, IMHO does not, in itself, indicate a arsenal rebuild. It could simply be parts changed out by a company armorer during the rifles service life or even by a former owner. Who can say.
    Now if the barrel is not original, and I would agree with Latigo 1, that it is suspect, then one would be lead to think arsenal rebuild or at least a 5th echelon military repair facility. But then again, a former owner could also have switched out a barrel. Why, maybe a shot out barrel, a barrel with import markings, just a WW2 barrel that was better than the one on it. Again, who really knows. Was it a "good buy", if it was not a "good buy" now, it will be down the road a bit, so don't be to concerned about the cost. Just enjoy it and shoot it.
    Last edited by 2111; 05-05-2014 at 08:54.

2. Default

I'm sure it was a rebuild as some point, it has an un-notched op-rod. Bolt dates back to '41, trigger guard dates back to 1940-july '41. everything is SPRG except trigger group and safety. Probably will try to find a SPRG trigger group to make it full SPRG. But so far i'm pleased with what its got. I can get some more pics if anyone wants more specific ones.

Thanks for the photos. Oughtta be a good shooter.

A 1942 receiver with a 1943 barrel. Sure wish rifles like that one could talk. I would bet it would have quite the story to tell.