Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I feel lucky with my backback from D-day that is all correct that was used to kill the german soldier that used it after hand to hand combat.Also have the bayonet ,scabard and frog....

2. Default

I am a big fan of russian captures you can generally count on it being a battlefield capture. My next favorite is an israeli k98 i acquired.... now that is ironic to have a rifle stamped for use by both the regime that attempted to exterminate it and later to defend
    that same country and get stamped with israeli markings... unfortunatly i told my son he could take whatecer he wanted from my safe to hunt with, thinking he would take a scoped .06 or something... at least he understands the history behind it and hasnt tried to mount a scope on it against my wishes. I asked him to wait until i could find an appropriate claw mount.

For what its worth, I bought one of yhe earlier RC K98s from Inter-Ordnance (North Carolina) in 2004. It is a bnz 4 (Gustlof Werke 1944) with an original barrel, other parts force matched. The seller made a point of offering rifles with excellent bores and complete with lock scews, cleaning rods etc. My only complaint was that the stock was a bit rough and had a flat steel butt plate (should have had a cupped butt plate). I could never afford a bring-back original in conparable condition and I have never regretted buying the RC K98. At one point, I have owned 9 various 03 Springfields, 3 Garands, 3 M1917s, 5 other Mausers (G98s Yugos etc.) and seven British Enfields and, in my hands with my hsndloads, none of them shot as well as that RC K98.

4. Default

I recently stumbled on an all matching BCD 4 rifle. Everything is correct on this rifle except the post war sling. I had to pay ten 100 dollar bills for it. First completely matching K98 I have ever owned.

I got no use for RCs.
    Just parts from buckets.
    I never buy stories and imagination is just dreaming.

That is only my personal opinion.

Original matching pieces are $2000.

Some RCs are nice looking and make good shooters and representative pieces.

I recall the 50s and even 60s when you still ran onto original pieces.

One company sold "boltless" mausers back then. Never saw any quantity of bolts anywhere.

In the last couple years I pulled a matching CE 41 except for missing striker and a complete G33 40 out of local closets.
    Going after a closet P08 next week.

Gonna sell the CE 41.

An original BCD 4 is probalby worth twice what you paid if it's original.
    Last edited by cplnorton; 08-31-2014 at 01:21.

I have seen some beautiful RC k98s and some that looked like junkyard dogs. I have an almost original one (non matching leaf) that even the stock markings are correct for the rifle and date.

RCs are usually missing lock screws and cleaning rods.