Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Wow your the first person I have heard of who has had a problem with this seller on Ebay. Sorry to hear it. He does have hard to find parts for carbines but not getting what you pay for is not right.

Quote Originally Posted by Garden Valley View Post
    I tried that guy. I asked him about the screws and he said $6.00 each including postage. I paid him, never got the screws, he assured me he sent them, waited some more, tried to contact him again, no reply to three attempts. I filed a complaint with PayPal and am waiting for the case to be reviewed so I'll get my money back. Just found them listed on the Northridge site but I don't think they have actually have them.
    Correct me if I'm wrong BUT , isn't the lower hinge screw common to M1 rifle short buttplate screws ,
    M1 Carbine buttplate screws as well as M1903 upper buttplate screws along with the M1A1 Carbine lower hinge screw ? I have a bunch of these screws in the original packaging as well as ONE brand new lower hinge still in rock hard mid 1940's cosmoline that I picked up overseas a few years ago.

I am flat on my ass on a back board right now . BUT if you don't need it yesterday we can sort it out when I am mobile , in the hopefully not to distant future.

John R.
    Last edited by John R.; 05-13-2014 at 08:04.

Quote Originally Posted by John R. View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong BUT , isn't the lower hinge screw common to M1 rifle short buttplate screws ,
    M1 Carbine buttplate screws as well as M1903 upper buttplate screws along with the M1A1 Carbine lower hinge screw ? I have a bunch of these screws in the original packaging as well as ONE brand new lower hinge still in rock hard mid 1940's cosmoline that I picked up overseas a few years ago.

I am flat on my ass on a back board right now . BUT if you don't need it yesterday we can sort it out when I am mobile , in the hopefully not to distant future.

John R.
    By golly, you are right!! I never thought to check that they are the same screw and I sure appreciate you mentioning this. Problem solved. Thanks!

Hope you get better soon.

Now to solve the leather cheek piece issue .........
    Last edited by Garden Valley; 05-13-2014 at 09:07.

I found a fellow who replaces the leather cheek pieces and installs parkerized steel rivets. I had him do mine and he did a superb job. And very fast turn around, too. I'll give his name to anyone looking to have this done.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by c-j View Post
    I don't know if you will like this suggestion or not.
    If you have the measurements of the check pad take that and the stock to a shoe repairman and I bet they could
    turn one out, he probably has the machinery to install the rivets and be a heck of a lot cheaper than buying one.
    I've had 2 1911 shoulder holsters repaired by my local shoe repair man.
    $5.00 for the 1st one and $10.00 for the second one-great work.
    If I had sent them to an "expert restorer" it probably have been $75.00 plus for each holster
    I had some leather parts repaired at a "Tandy Leather", there was a bulletin board with people advertising for work.