1. Default 870 MK-1 trench attachment screws

Does anyone know the size or have any idea where I could find some replacement screws ( 3 ) for this? I have the original attachment but no screws...any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Go here. http://www.customscrewsandmore.com/default.html

I had him replicate screws for me two or three years ago and he told me he kept the specs in case anyone needed screws. He does outstanding work.

3. Default

Thank you!

You are welcome.

5. Default

I thrust the following info will be of use to you or someone else down the road:

There are actually three (3) different screw lengths used for the "Mk.1" type One-Piece and Two-Piece Clamping Sleeves, and the current Remington Magazine Extension Bracket/Clamp.

However, all use the same #12-24TPI threads, and all have the same slotted, semi-rounded head.

First photo:

Top: Remington manufactured Clamping Sleeve is the early, welded, One-Piece design. Screw length, measured from where the shaft meets the screw head, is 0.693".

Middle: Remington manufactured Clamping Sleeve is USMC Mk.1 Two-Piece design. Screw length: 1.057". This same screw is also used on the Two-Piece design with Bead Sight only.

Bottom: Remington Bracket/Clamp is basically the offspring of the Mk.1 Clamping Sleeves - introduced in the early 1970's and still produced today as part of the Remington M870 Magazine Extension Kit. Screw Length: 0.735".

2nd Photo:

Shows a close-up comparison of the three difference screw lengths: Left screw (0.735") - for current Remington Magazine Extension Kit Bracket; Middle screw (0.693") - for One-Piece Clamping Sleeve; and Right screw (1.057") - for Two-Piece Clamping Sleeve.

The current Magazine Extension Bracket (0.735") screws will work on the One-Piece Clamping Sleeve, no problem - just a touch short. These screws are readily available from Remington at around $4.50 each. However, they are too short for use on the Two-Piece Clamping Sleeve.