Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Took these this morning with a Cannon compact Powershot using a tripod, natural light, and the macro setting.

Last edited by TEA; 05-06-2012 at 06:35.

Quote Originally Posted by John HOLBROOK View Post
    When I was in Florida in Nov, I gave my daughter one of my cameras, so I needed to replace it. I bought a SONY DSC-H20B and this is a test shot. I only paid $220.00 for it!!!

It looks pretty good to me, so whadda ya think??????

Great shot of a great gun.

My Fathers family was from Bellingham!

I don't know, there's something messed up with that camara. It makes 70 year old guns look almost new. Maybe you can photo some of mine? Most of your 1911's must have been assigned to officers or never placed into combat. They all look great.

I have a Sony Nex 6 now(interchangable lens). I used a Fuji finepix 400 for years after the airline broke my first Fuji. I picked up the second one on ebay for forty bucks. I like the "feel" of these smaller cameras. I was going to buy(and I still might)a full blown DSLR but the things are so big I couldn't imagine dragging it arouond. There are great deals on "obsolete" cameras these days. Just make sure it comes with the disc. I had to send to G.Britain for mine($5).
    I don't even know where the "macro" switch is. I can take a huge pic from 5" away and crop it down to the molecular. White isn't the best background,from what I read. A light grey is more balanced for what our eyes determine is white. I shoot in Aperature mode and use manual focus. This camera has "focus peaking" that lights up when the edges of the subject contrast are right,but it isn't foolproof either. I love digital. I used to pay for a lot of crappy pictures in the old days.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.