Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Chuck, I use spot focus and the Macro mode with great luck....

Over the years I have owned at least a dozen SONY cameras and usually used my A300 DSLR until I got the H20. For the bucks, you can't beat it, even at $240.00.... It is the best point and shoot camera I have ever owned!!!!

Look at the view screens difference between the A300 and the H20...

"Give Me A Fast Ship And I Will Sail In Harms Way" John Paul Jones, U.S. NAVY

Thanks John!

I am keeping an eye on those prices for a few days in hopes that it comes back down to Christmas levels. It sure will be step up from my 2MP Olympus with the 1" display screen.

I'll post a pic of my RR 1911A1 when I get the camera and figure out how to use it, then you can compare & critique it alongside your 1911 pics.

Chuck

John,

How about the lighting setup you used. Always looking for some hints on that. Maybe a picture of how you do it?

Thanks!

RtL

Rick, good to hear from you! Here is the setup and it is really Rube Goldberg. I use GE CHROMA 50 Sunlight bulbs in all lights in the room....

These are the standoffs made...

Default Mottled background

You did not mention a trip or any other holding device. Did you use one? Also, your choice of mottled background is nice.

Just look at what Rick the Retired Librarian posted last year! My corneas are still recuperating.

Sorry, Rick, but it has been simply too long without ribbing you!
    "Wars are, of course, as a rule to be avoided; but they are far better than certain kinds of peace." - T.R.

I don't use any holding device. I brace my body against the edge of the table. I suppose that I have taken 10 of thousands of photos over the years, and it is kinda like shooting, ie compose the shot, hold my breath and squeeze the trigger, er, shutter.....

Here is a photo showing one of the mottled bacgrounds I use, and in the photo below are several examples of the many different cloth samples and placemats. I am always looking for compatable background material.....

Here is another background shot!!!

And still another.....

And still one more..

Last edited by John HOLBROOK; 01-18-2010 at 02:12.

Looks good to me. Question: So you prefer using the automatic Macro feature. Does this camera allow you to manually adjust the lens (by externally turning) if you wanted to shoot it without the Macro feature? I have a older Sony Cyber 5.1 and also use the Macro mode, and wondered if my going to an external focus ability would improve my photos.

Regards,
    Pat

Took these with a friends Kodak DX7630 using the macro setting. Probably one of the better photos I have taken personally. The Ithaca is #896277, the barrel is Colt marked COLT 45 AUTO with a G on the belly. The slide stop is also a M1911 type. Otherwise a nice pistol.
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. Default What Kinda Macro Does It Have?

John,

How does the Macro function look on the camera? Does it give a really good macro picture while letting the light in for focus?

Thanks
    Last edited by Jer; 02-11-2010 at 12:16.