Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default what's the deal with m1D scope mounts going for $500-plus on e bay?

two mounts have sold for over $500 and the current one still going at $406. did I miss something? maybe an article or a movie with m1d's in it? that I noticed drives pricing up...

N.E. New Jersey, west of the 'gorllia' building.

Must have something to do with Obamabucks being worth less than Monopoly money

3. Default

Probably the CMP selling the current crop of M1Ds. I bought one recently (original finish receiver with almost new barrel, nice wood....). All these folks are trying to put together the rifle with original parts.

Got a scope mount you would like to sell :-))

David

The change is that Peter in the Netherlands appears to have finally run out of mounts. He has been selling a steady stream of original M1D mounts on ebay for several years.

Cass

Quote Originally Posted by Cass View Post
    The change is that Peter in the Netherlands appears to have finally run out of mounts. He has been selling a steady stream of original M1D mounts on ebay for several years.

Cass
    Okay , here's one . Years ago I bought a DCM sales ONE INCH M1D mount with a tapered post and crosshair Weaver K4 60 B as well as a set of the Weaver grey , clear end lens caps with the round black elastic cords.

Does anyone here have any idea as to how many GI one inch mounts were made ? I have never liked the M84 scopes at all . I also prefer the post and crosshair reticle .The rifle is a Norwegian NATO supplied by the US . I picked it out myself from a crate of ten all unissued since they left SA .

NO mounts or glass . Norway sold those in a seperate auction back in 1981 . Century in Montreal got the rifles while Sherwood Int'l in Northridge got the scopes and mounts .Rifle came with a Kline cheek pad /rest and a WW2 dated flat keeper web sling ,M3A1 combo tool ,yellow cap oiler tong kit and a SA M2 flash suppressor. All these rifles were registered as M1D's as that is what the Norwegian Gov't sales and export documents listed them as . I laugh at this notion that ONLY CMP M1D's are " real " . Samco's Israeli M1D's are real and so were the Danish M1D's .

I am curious as to the quantity built as 1 " mounts with the Weaver K4 60B scopes if anyone knows.

Cheers ,

JR

PS: Constantinos ( woodenscope) in Athens /Glyfada Greece probably still has M84 scopes and mounts for sale .He does deliver , BUT cheap he ain't !
    Last edited by John R.; 05-13-2014 at 10:54.

6. Default

John, I don't think anyone knows exactly how many M1D's were actually converted to use the K4-60B scope but one thing is for sure, it was a relatively small number. I have heard that only about one or two thousand of the special 1" mounts were acquired. Rick

Quote Originally Posted by rickgman View Post
    John, I don't think anyone knows exactly how many M1D's were actually converted to use the K4-60B scope but one thing is for sure, it was a relatively small number. I have heard that only about one or two thousand of the special 1" mounts were acquired. Rick
    A 1" mount with K4 60B scope sold on ebay 27 Oct 13 for $1676.00 (42 bids) plus $6.00 shipping. (ebay number 350905252898)
    Does a M1D have to be converted to accept the 1" mount? You just attach the 1" mount to the regular M1D base/barrel??

Quote Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
    A 1" mount with K4 60B scope sold on ebay 27 Oct 13 for $1676.00 (42 bids) plus $6.00 shipping. (ebay number 350905252898)
    Does a M1D have to be converted to accept the 1" mount? You just attach the 1" mount to the regular M1D base/barrel??
    No conversion needed at all . You just place the mount on the barrel block as you would a 7/8 " mount align the mounting screw with the barrel block threads and then tighten the knurled knob on the screw
    Easy peasy !

There was one up for "auction" on e-pay two days ago . It was $600 and something with not much time left . NOBODY HAS FAKED ONE INCH MOUNTS ( Yet ) as far as is known .The one on e-pay was the whole rig mount,scope and Weaver lens caps .

I find the rifle shoots better ,for me at least with the Weaver K4 60B than the M84 setup .

If I am serious about accuracy I use my M14NM with mediumweight General Dynamics / SACO Defense barrel , SA heavyweight glass bedded stock etc with a Leupold Vari-X- III 2.5 x -10 x scope on a 2 screw mount with Talley rings .Shoots well enough for me . I also prefer a USAMTU 7rd mag blocked to 5rds to meet Canadian Law requirements .

Garands are the ONLY exception to the five round semi auto centre fire law .

Cheers,

JR

Quote Originally Posted by John R. View Post
    No conversion needed at all . You just place the mount on the barrel block as you would a 7/8 " mount align the mounting screw with the barrel block threads and then tighten the knurled knob on the screw
    Easy peasy !

There was one up for "auction" on e-pay two days ago . It was $600 and something with not much time left . NOBODY HAS FAKED ONE INCH MOUNTS ( Yet ) as far as is known .The one on e-pay was the whole rig mount,scope and Weaver lens caps .

I find the rifle shoots better ,for me at least with the Weaver K4 60B than the M84 setup .

If I am serious about accuracy I use my M14NM with mediumweight General Dynamics / SACO Defense barrel , SA heavyweight glass bedded stock etc with a Leupold Vari-X- III 2.5 x -10 x scope on a 2 screw mount with Talley rings .Shoots well enough for me . I also prefer a USAMTU 7rd mag blocked to 5rds to meet Canadian Law requirements .

Garands are the ONLY exception to the five round semi auto centre fire law .

Cheers,

JR
    JR and Others,

Anyone know if the K4 60B scopes were made to MIL SPEC or just off the shelf? I heard the military ordered the scope without lens coatings---but I do not know. Also, were other K4 scopes (like K4 C3 or others) purchased by the military for the 1 inch mounts? I have seen other K4 scopes in the 1 inch mount. Thanks for any information.

10. Default

Stan, it appears that the Weaver K4-60B scopes ordered by the Army were off the shelf scopes. There is nothing visually evident about them that says otherwise. Rick