Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Can anyone make out the SN? My tired eyes can not.

Bug, It is in the 6.59 million range about May 1945.

Damn, you boys are good!! All that from pictures too! It is not true however that the only original carbines are vet bring backs. Don't know where that tid bit of info came from.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
    Bug, It is in the 6.59 million range about May 1945.
    I get all excited when I hear 6,6. I have a 6,624 with DCM paperwork that makes me smile...

The only all original as made carbines that were not vet bring backs were the very few that were sold by DCM in the early 60's that had not be rebuilt. Most of the DCM carbines had at least a partial rebuild and with most being completely rebuilt. If you find an original as made carbine the odds are it's a vet bring back.

Well, it didn't sell. It was bid up to $1,600 but that did not to meet the reserve price. So I guess the same things that
    we questioned scared bidders away.
    Last edited by Mike Josephic; 04-18-2014 at 12:14.

7. Default

Best I can make out by zooming in on the photo is 6693...then it looks like it may end with a 1. I thought it looks like one of the early DCM guns, which the seller mentions, with the park so crisp and the wood light and dry like it is.
    "There's a race of men that don't fit in,
    A race that can't stay still;
    So they break the hearts of kith and kin,
    And they roam the world at will." - Robert Service

If that partial serial number is correct, that is at the very end of the Winchester 6 million serial number block, right before the 7 million block of WRA carbines.

Quote Originally Posted by SPEEDGUNNER View Post
    Best I can make out by zooming in on the photo is 6693...then it looks like it may end with a 1. I thought it looks like one of the early DCM guns, which the seller mentions, with the park so crisp and the wood light and dry like it is.

The bolt seems to have a lot of wear compared to the rest of the metal; also I don't see a proof mark on the bolt. I emailed the seller asking for the S/N, but the Sgt didn't reply. The best I can see from zooming in on pics 15 &19 is 6893391. I know, the S/N block didn't go that high, but the second digit doesn't look like a 5 or a 6 to me. Check it out.