Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Late, late, late winchester

Has anyone seen this Winchester carbine on GB? It looks to be almost flat new. I am surprised it hasn't gone higher.

Here is the Auction # 407617853
    Last edited by SPEEDGUNNER; 04-12-2014 at 06:28.
    "There's a race of men that don't fit in,
    A race that can't stay still;
    So they break the hearts of kith and kin,
    And they roam the world at will." - Robert Service

Your link doesn't work. But all of the Winchester carbines listed on GB are bad restorations or rebuilt.
    Last edited by Tuna; 04-12-2014 at 06:11.

I can't figure out which one you are talking about. Give the auction number.

Here's the link:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=407617853

Doesn't look right to me for many reasons -- but I'm no expert on carbines.

for the kind of money their asking I'd expect a sling, oiler and bayonet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
    Your link doesn't work. But all of the Winchester carbines listed on GB are bad restorations or rebuilt.
    Tuna,
    If all of the carbines listed on GB are restored or rebuilt, then where can we find the factory original carbines listed for sale????????????
    Jim C

The only originals that one will find are bring backs by vets. There are none left in as made shape as they were all issued to US troops over the years or they went overseas. A few of the old DCM carbines were as made but those are long gone into collections. They do surface now and then but you have to know your carbines to be sure of what your getting. This one that is linked to has something about it that isn't quite right for a carbine made about June 1945 and I cannot quite put my finger on it yet. I do know the front sight has been off the carbine and from the pictures I cannot tell if it is a Winchester sight or not. The butt plate is not tight against the stock and it should be by now. The Z stamp on the grip is a possible rebuild stamp. Not known for sure. I will have to pull out my 6.6 range when I can get a chance and compare it to this one.

Tuna....take a look at the feed ramp. Its parked. What does that say to you? And the crossed cannon doesn't look quite right, but I can't tell because of the lack of a close-up. The oiled stock looks too under oiled to be right. I agree with you. Something doesn't look right about this carbine.

Total rebuild....buyer beware

10. Default

The texture of the metal finish is wrong like it has been sand blasted. Original Winchesters never looked like that. Stock has same problem too rough of surface texture.
    Last edited by Johnny in Texas; 04-14-2014 at 09:17.