Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 30/06 API on 250 rd belts on metal links

Any interest in 30/06 Armor piercing Incendiary? Its 250 rds on metal link belts in .30 cal cans. The cans have seen better days but the ammo is clean and dry. Headstamp is FN 55.

2. Default

Sure I am interested how much and how many cans you got?

And there in lies the dilemma. I certainly don't wanna give the stuff away. I know that online its anywhere from $3.25 a round (at Deuce45, which is sold out...) to $4.20 a round on GB. It seems to be available at around $4 a round from a few places. CMP sold it loose for $70 for 20, $120/40, $275/100 and it all sold out in one day (and they have no more...).

This stuff is linked which is good for some and unattractive to others.

I guess I would be willing to entertain offers...???

30/06 API listed for sale in the WTS section...

Question: How long is the belt of ammo? Local radio talkshow (about firearms), had a question regarding "the whole nine yards" and what it refered to.

The first answer was WWII belt lenght, I was second with the WWI VIckers and Spandau cloth belts. Just want to know.

Lots of people used to sew up thier own clothes . Cloth bolts sold at the local general stores came in 9 yard lengths . Buying the whole bolt was getting the "whole nine yards " . That carried over in WW1 to giving them the whole cloth belt .
    As an aside , if you bought less than a full bolt , they would roll it out onto a table for measure . The top of the table would have brass brads in it to mark the footage . This was called " getting down to the brass tacks ." This came to mean down to the fine details.
    Chris

thanks chris,....... glad another old fart was around............
    be safe, enjoy life, journey well
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter

250 rounds. Downside of API is that ranges will not let you shoot it. Incendiary means fire starter without the BBQ.
    Spelling and grammar count!

The "Whole Nine Yards" was the length of standard load for U.S. .50 cal. guns on fighters. My understanding was that if you emptied your guns in battle you expended the "Whole Nine Yards".

Talking about fire starters. My son was range officer on the qualification range at Ft. Polk last fall. He told me they started 50 to 100 fires that day. They called the fire fighters (civilian contractors) for the big ones. They drove out a half dozen times then finally parked along the road to wait. At 5:00 P.M. they headed in. My son told them they had a couple of hours of quals left. Union rules said they had to quit, but just call us and we'll come back out. Go figure the logic of that one.