Thread: Morphy Bogus Guns

Threaded View

1. Default Morphy Bogus Guns

Now that we seem to have put this other issue to bed hopefully I have a new ask of the detractors in chief. When any of us see a gun online no matter where it claims to be we have no proof that it is really in that person or organization's possession.

Online photos don't hold water in court if they are generic and don't give enough detail that could prove they are authentic photos of the actual item shown. Photos can be doctored up to appear to be something they are not. And if not shown with something that can date them to that current place in time within reason, we have no real way to know when or where a photo was taken.

But, when you walk into an auction such as Morphys as Mr. Gahaimer has stated he did in January and witnessed these highly illegal, bogus, counterfeit firearms such as a Colt 38 Super, serial number 3 why didn't the BATF get involved?

That auction house holds a class 3 ffl. If you call the BATF and lodge a charge like that, I would bet they would have visited with the auction house fairly quickly. I have seen a lot of other negative commentaries about Singers at RIAC and a myriad of other guns get bashed by some of you guys for a long time. How is it the BATF hasn't acted on one of these allegations to any point that it became public info?

They may be able to sweep something under the rug on occasion but these comments and allegations are made all the time but you never hear of any auction house being called on the carpet.

If you want to get rid of the fakers or their items seems that ruining their selling venues could be very effective if the auctions became more accountable.
    Last edited by Tommy2guns; 09-02-2014 at 11:03. Reason: None